Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

2015 MNFurs Board Election Announcement

Home Forums MNFurs Announcements 2015 MNFurs Board Election Announcement

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

good news… Ol cence is preoccupied march 7-8 (military BS). Cant get outta it. Any other options or am i just gonna have to reapproach any questions next year?

I know they’re planning to tape the debate and put it on youtube – if you want your questions asked, maybe you can send them to [email protected] and they’ll help get as many of them in as they reasonably can?

#29105 Quote
    Ok,.  Well clearly your telling me that if the circumstances were different i would be allowed to ask these questions myself.  I will instead submit my questions to the committee and hope that they have the ethics, conviction and interest in the answers to ask them for me.

I apologize in advance, i understand this is an attempt at clearing up MY scheduling conflict and not an obstacle placed in my path to prevent me from proceeding.

#29106 Quote
    No worries Cence, I know how annoying it can be when your schedule conflicts with something you really want to do! I know I’ll be posting a little bio/meet the candidate for myself at some point by this weekend, if I can get a basic guideline from the elections team, otherwise I’ll just start simple, but you’re more than welcome to ask the questions there too.
    #29113 Quote
    I consider myself a referendum candidate. If you like the clique of a board we have then reelect them. If you think they are a disconnected group that only interacts with us when it suits them (like election time) then vote for me and anyone else not currently on the board.

#29116 Quote
    Well, i did write in a series of (i think) good questions to be asked at the debate. No confirmation today that it has been received but will keep figerpads crossed and either way, see you on the 14th to cast my votes,  (drumroll)

zepaw I cant consider you a serious candidate.  Are you ? I mean.. I didnt put togeather any questions for you because your platform is built like comic relief.  A nutt-shot in the middle of an otherwise boring basketball game. Love ya man, and you know me well enough to know im anything but “involved” in the administration you dislike… But if you are serious,  For god sake hire some PR guys. I fear your political enemies are enjoying watching you shell your own camps.

#29256 Quote
    I get where you are coming from Cence. What I mean is that last year I truly ran and I lost. I still feel upset because 20 people voted of many more eligible. I spoke to so many who were upset pre-election and then when I talked to them after it turned out they didn’t bother voting. If our group is so apathetic they can’t bother taking 1 minute to vote we get what Board we may. I accept that will probably happen again and the subpar incumbents we have are going to win.

We are a group who loves to bitch about nothing. You say my enemies are watching as I’m shelling my own camp as if its House of Cards. I don’t believe those “enemies” would have ever voted for anyone but an incument anyway. I said in my first post I didn’t want to or expect to win. How much clearer could I be? I only joined the race out of boredom. Don’t fucking vote for me.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Zepaw.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Zepaw.
    #29259 Quote
    Whoa… time out.

Zepaw, I’m hearing a lot of frustration. It’s true that you did not win the first election and understandably you are upset that not everyone you spoke to got up and voted. This is a problem in any election and something I would like to see changed as well. I want as many people to vote as possible. However, that said, you did get people who voted for you last time, and though it would be inappropriate to give details, I should say, you would be surprised about who voted for you. Don’t discount that.

This year we are lucky that so many are running. You might find it hard to believe, but the last thing the current board of directors wants is to run unopposed. Certainly running unopposed would mean a stronger likelihood of remaining the President of the group for myself, but that is not what this organization is about. Apathy and non-involvement goes against MNFurs’ mission. I’m hoping we can as many voters to turn out as possible. And to get people to show up and vote is everyone’s responsibility.

That’s all I’ve got to say for now. Good luck to everyone running!

#29261 Quote
    This aspect of the conversation disheartens me. I was disappointed with the number of candidates last year, and I’m disappointed this year as well. Not because I have any driving urge to have anyone on the current board thrown off, or feeling any changes at the board level that will magically fix issues I see. But because many of the MNFurs board members are also high level Furry Migration staff members, and I’m concerned for the day that we end up with the “Hit By a Metaphorical Bus” event leaving both organizations in serious hurt and possible collapse.

I will point out my greatest disappointment at this moment.  Which is:

There is no conversation. 

There is nothing posted yet about what each candidate’s goals and visions are.  What future improvements they are willing to spear head to improve our community.  We’re almost a week out from the “first debate” and frankly I know more about the potential US Presidential candidates of each party than I know about our candidates.  If someone should be upset about anything frankly this is seriously a higher concern.  As lack of knowledge and conversation creates apathetic.

Even worse:

Absentee Ballots Sent / Postmarked: March 6th

The debate will happen AFTER the Absentee Ballots will need to be sent..   And yet those voting this way have no clue what any of the candidates’ visions are at this time.  Will they by March 6th?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Mouring.
    #29264 Quote
    I am wondering if we know who has the qualifications to be a board member?

I am reading a lot of grousing by some of the candidates and honestly I do not find that to be a positive trait.  I would much rather have them tell me why I should vote for them. Bitching, grumbling, complaining and vulgar language do not encourage me to vote for them as they are not showing the maturity I believe is necessary to be on the board.

I have not met all of the candidates, so I do not have first-hand experience with of them.  The ones I have experience with is a bit of a mixed bag. To help me make my decision as to the candidates I will vote for I need FACTS! So if any of the candidates want to influence me to vote for them… this is what I want to know from them:

1. What kind of leadership skills do you have — not just within the Furry Fandom?

2. What kind of interpersonal skills will you bring to the board?

3. If you are NOT an incumbent:  what do you think you can DO BETTER than the current board members?  SPECIFIC AND MEASURABLE improvements — NOT BITCHING!

4. If you ARE an incumbent, (based on complaints that have been posed) how will you IMPROVE your “leadership style,” if you are re-elected? (i.e., how will you communicate better with The Community? How will you do a better job of addressing concerns put to you by The Community?)

I will not be able to make it to the debate — so, if you are a serious candidate and you want my vote — you will need to address this post.

Thanks,

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#29266 Quote
    @mouring More information will be posted about the candidates tonight

@lady-amethyst
    Its simple, anyone that is a voting member is eligible to run for the board.

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#29267 Quote
    For those here looking for answers to questions – I know the elections team sent out a set of questions to each candidate to fill out that should be posted sometime soon! I know I’ll definitely answer questions on my thread post directed at me, and look forward to hearing from you!

EDIT: Whoop, beaten to the punch by seconds!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Ridayah.
    #29302 Quote
    lady-amethyst wrote: “what do you think you can DO BETTER than the current board members? ”

To be perfectly honest, I’m not entirely sure what I could do better than the current board members.    This is one heck of a community here with a plethora of events to attend creating plenty of opportunity to be social and meet people face to face.  As I have not heard gripes from the community other than ‘not knowing specifically what the board does’.    I’m not tossing my name in a hat in order to ‘knock someone off’ or because I think I am better than anyone else.  I’d just like to involve myself and follow a passion.   I just know I have experience in planning events for local community as well as previous experience on a board for a  not-for-profit organization.  My bio I was asked to write up.   I will answer anything honestly.   bring it on.    https://www.mnfurs.org/forums/topic/eric-snapcat-stevens/#post-29282

-Snap E. Tiger

Furry Migration Staff (Volunteers) & MNFurs Board Member.

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Snap_E._Tiger

#29350 Quote
    For those reading the thread. If you haven’t notice there has been a forum setup to “ask the candidates” located at https://www.mnfurs.org/forums/forum/mnfurs-forums/ask-candidates-2015/. All the candidates pre disucssion/debate responses from the election committee questions are located there.

My own person answers are located here. If you have any further questions or discussion please feel free to ask me directly in person, private message/email, at the disucssion, or you can ask me on my thread and I will do my best to answer it.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#29412 Quote
    Just wanted to shout out here, MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who turned out to vote tonight, had questions, and participated, and a big thank you to the other candidates! It was a great night, great questions, and thanks to everyone for being there. Thank you!
    #29421 Quote
    the food there was pretty darn good too.

Furry Migration Staff (Volunteers) & MNFurs Board Member.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Snap_E._Tiger

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.