Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Hey all!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hey everyone! I’m Kizith, and I’m a magpie that likes to think deep thoughts, but not all the time. πŸ™‚

I’m relatively new to the furry community, as Furry Migration was not only my first furry con, but my first con period. I’ve been interested in the community for a while, but was recently introduced by Kelossi, who I actually went to school with a few years ago. He’s a great guy and a good friend!

As for interests, for the sake of not barfing out a huge list of things, I’ll keep it short. I really like thinking about and picking apart complex things, so you might start off a conversation with fursuit ideas and end up in a discussion about how real life furries would actually work and the biological implications that furries would have on society (like would avians need GPSs? how would showers be handled? I can’t help it, I’m a scientist! πŸ˜› ).

So, just here to chat and find new friends- I was told good things about this group, so I look forward to meeting you all!

In solitary moments magpies will perch on a branch and mutter soft soliloquies of whines and squeals and chatterings, oblivious to what goes on around them. It is one of those things, I suppose, intelligence now and then does, must in fact now and then do, must think, must play, must imagine, must talk to itself. What, finally, intelligence could be for: finding your way back.

#25791 Quote
    Hello Kizith. Welcome to the Minnesota Furs!

I think having a magpie fursona is very unique. What made you choose that?

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#25793 Quote
    I’ve always liked birds, especially for corvids for their intelligence and curious nature, as I feel like that fits my personality well. As for a magpie, I think we have enough crows in the fandom; plus they’re prettier to look at!

In solitary moments magpies will perch on a branch and mutter soft soliloquies of whines and squeals and chatterings, oblivious to what goes on around them. It is one of those things, I suppose, intelligence now and then does, must in fact now and then do, must think, must play, must imagine, must talk to itself. What, finally, intelligence could be for: finding your way back.

#25801 Quote
    Hello Kizlth and welcome to the MNFurs community!

The name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.Β  *Paw shake*

Furry Migration was my first fur con, but I have been to other cons.Β  Other cons include AnniMinneapolis and Anime Detour where I was on staff.

Hope to see you at our upcoming bi-weekly meet this Saturday!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z Β  F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-HeadΒ - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.Β  Have an event you want brought to life?Β  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.Β  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.Β  Attending and have some photography ideas?Β  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.Β  Want a photo or two or more?Β  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#25812 Quote
    Hello and welcome to the commuity!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
    Β - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#25852 Quote
    Hello, fellow scientist!
    #25892 Quote

Β I really like thinking about and picking apart complex things, so you might start off a conversation with fursuit ideas and end up in a discussion about how real life furries would actually work and the biological implications that furries would have on society

Wow, I not the only one.Β  I’m not a scientist, but an engineer, so I love to pull things apart and see how they work.Β  Welcome and also FM was my first con period as well.Β  Hope to see you at the meets some time!

#25966 Quote
    Kizith, it was nice to meet you at the nature walk; I’m so sorry that Yarrick and I were so wiped from Ren Fest that we called it early. Β Hopefully, we’ll get to talk more at a meet in the future.

Faelyn Cypher
    Grey Wolf Therian

#25968 Quote
    Nice to meet everyone! And Faelyn, I totally understand that feeling! I should be at the biweekly meets pretty regularly in the future, so I’ll see you then!

Ski Sharp and Vagant, it’s always nice to meet fellow science furs around. Not all of us are programmer/coding types, y’know? Vagrant, what sort of scientist are you? I work in a hospital lab, obviously not going to say which. πŸ˜€

#25970 Quote
    I’m studying Biochem/microbiology & planning on attending grad school after I graduate this spring.
    #26109 Quote
    It was fantastic to finally meet you, hope you had fun!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
    Β - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.