Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Holiday party – Activities, Space and Details!

Home Forums Events MNFurs Holiday party – Activities, Space and Details!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    So many of you have been asking “whats going on at the Holiday party? Will there be games? Will there be Gift Exchange, Will there be food? Will there be a Photoshoot?”

Here is the Agenda of what is going to go on at the holiday party and a more detailed explanation of how the room will be laid out. We are renting all of GPS this time which means we have a lot more space then we did last year. This allows us to accommodate more people and do other activities that take up a good amount of space (IE Photoshoot) without it interfering with space for eating and chatting.

Large Room:

-Potluck food
    -Tables for eating and hanging out
    -Space for Artists and Board and Card Games
    -Gift Exchange (Run by Drake- more details coming soon on another thread!)

Small Room:

-Photo Shoot
    -Video Gaming (What will be playing and how many systems we will have is TBD. Watch this thread for updates!)

Lounge Area

-“Quiet” area for drawing and light low-volume conversations. Limited seating here but if you get overwhelmed by the crowds in the large room this is an area to retreat to.

Also, a note: This event IS Fursuit friendly, but be courteous to other groups if you wander into the hallways. Also please be aware of other little things, like where chairs are if you try to naviagate between tables and that shedding fursuit fur in the food area is bad ju-ju.

Hope to see you guys there!

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Yarrick.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#28295 Quote
    I’ll be bringing 4 different kinds of Flux to play if people are interested in the gaming area later on =) The game of ever changing rules!

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#28414 Quote
    So the Holiday party is less then a week away! Here are a few more details:

The Photo shoot is going to have set hours. I don’t want our photographers (right now its just me) chained to the photobooth all night.

The Photoshoot will be from 6-8 pm. If we get setup done early it may open a little earlier. I will be making an announcement when it opens and the “last call” 20 minutes before we shut it down.

Gift exchange has its own thread – Details of the times will be there as Drake is in charge of that.

Video Games: Details still Pending. Am imagining this will run all night however as long as interest is still there. Its going to be casual play no tournaments or prizes or anything. I hope to get a list of consoles up a few days before.

Food: It’s potluck. Suggest you bring an Entree or Salty item if you can – we typically get a lot of sweets. If you are not a cook Soda and water are good things to bring – its far better to have too much for beverages then not enough. We will have power for Crockpots, etc.

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#28423 Quote
    CROCKPOTS!!!! Oh heck yeah. I have me some mean crockpot recipes. Does anyone want to donate theirs to me for the evening/ day before. I can make two kinds of awesome soups.

SO MUCH CHEESE!

#28435 Quote
    I know that room has a dedicated cat5 of better in the center of that room.  Would anyone have an extra 8+ port switch so we can LAN game with laptops if we wish and not overload the wi-fi there?

#28436 Quote
    I can offer a Squid for use so people can plug things in, but I don’t think it has more than 6.

When things look down, challenge them by looking up and seeing the light.

#28438 Quote

I know that room has a dedicated cat5 of better in the center of that room. Would anyone have an extra 8+ port switch so we can LAN game with laptops if we wish and not overload the wi-fi there?

I don’t know if we’ll have space to do LAN gaming in that room. Maybe after photography is torn down. Before that its going to be tight. We plan to do 2-3 consoles in half of the smaller room. If you’ll be at the comm meeting we can discuss more tonight.

#28450 Quote
    I was hoping to bring my comp and set up my steam account so people can play games. Or is that not doable?
    #28456 Quote
    OK — good news, bad news

My bronchial asthma is better, BUT in the process of my coughing I have irritated the soft tissue and cartilage in my upper left chest area. Started to worry I was having a heart attack!!!

So I am on bedrest for a couple of days with limited activity and then on limited activity for 2-3 weeks until it heals with only ice, heat and Acetaminophen — my doc is definitely NOT drug pusher — which if fine with me — but am NOT enjoying the pain!

So am NOT going to make it to the party!! 🙁

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#28463 Quote

OK — good news, bad news
    My bronchial asthma is better, BUT in the process of my coughing I have irritated the soft tissue and cartilage in my upper left chest area. Started to worry I was having a heart attack!!!

So I am on bedrest for a couple of days with limited activity and then on limited activity for 2-3 weeks until it heals with only ice, heat and Acetaminophen — my doc is definitely NOT drug pusher — which if fine with me — but am NOT enjoying the pain!

So am NOT going to make it to the party!! :-(

I hope you feel better/get better soon!

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#28493 Quote
    If anyone can bring some Wii U gamepad controllers, Wiimotes or the GC Adapter plus some gamecube controllers to the Holiday party it’d be appreciated. I can’t find any of mine and Cypher says he only has one.

Also – if anyone has any PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii U games they’d like to bring feel free to bring them for the Video Game area!

#28496 Quote

Xbox 360 games

Will bring Black Ops I + II for those that want to do zombies =p

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#28497 Quote
    Tweeted at you but I’ll bring the adapter and Ringer is bringing some controllers.
    #28499 Quote
    Hey, so I’m planning on bringing in some of my LED juggling stuff, so feel free to try them out! ^.^
    #28500 Quote
    Well, since I can’t find a ride from St Louis park, and I’m traveling with a small army of crockpots, I won’t be arriving until close to 9pm, after my mate gets off work. So far I have a home improvised soup, chili, and pork shoulder. I have one other crockpot so I may do something with potatoes and carrots… or is there already someone bringing rice? Otherwise I may bring the rice cooker full of rice.

SO MUCH CHEESE!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.