Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Climbing @ Vertical Endeavors (Bloomington)

Home Forums Events Climbing @ Vertical Endeavors (Bloomington)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Not a repost, Forums nuked my original thread last night. Whhhyyyy? https://www.mnfurs.org/forums/topic/climbing-vertical-endeavors-bloomington/

So recently I ditched the traditional gym membership because its boring, and not super engaging. Theres only so many times you can do the elliptical, treadmill, weights, StairMaster (and repeat) before it gets super stale.

Recently, I started going to Vertical Endeavors, a climbing gym in the state. They have several locations but I’ve been going to the Bloomington location. You can rent harnesses, shoes and everything else you need to do some climbing.

I posting here because I would like to invite some local furs to go climbing with me. Don’t be intimidated, I am pretty new into it myself and would be happy to go with others. The only thing to be intimidated by is heights, but its a great way to get over that fear.

Cost to climb

Visit pass: You can snag a day pass for $20, or a 10-visit pass for $160.
    If you start getting serious, you can do a month-to-month membership for $64.

Equipment: If you don’t have your own harness, the rental package is $12 for shoes, harness, and chalk. Though honestly, you could probably get away with just renting a harness.

Their full pricing page can be found here.

Required knowledge

None. You don’t need to know how to “Belay” ropes or anything fancy. Their gym has “auto belay” devices that will slowly return to back to the ground if you slip or once you get to the top of a climb.

If you plan on joining, please complete their online waiver or bring a filled out printed wavier. First-time climbers at their gym will go through a quick 10-15 minute orientation and tour of the facility.

Want to join?

Hit me up here (or moreso preferred, telegram (http://t.me/drraccoon)) if you’d like to meet up sometime. I generally go for an hour or so & am shooting to go twice a week (personal goal), but meeting up with another fur on-location could be a once a week thing, or just a one-off thing to see if you like it. My only request is that you’re 18 and older due to liability reasons. Also, this is not an MNFur reoccurring event or anything. I am just looking for some company climbing.

Furry Migration Staff (Video Head & Digital Signage) & MNFurs President.

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.