Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Devon "Krios" Doyal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tell us about yourself

So sorry for not getting this out sooner, but…well I’m a derp and thought these questions were just things to think about for the public address tomorrow.  Go me.

Why do you wish to sit on the MNFurs board?

I have seen this community grow and change quite a bit since I found my way into it around ten years ago, and I want to help it continue to grow, and to ensure that things will continue to improve as they have been doing recently.

How will you continue to volunteer in the community after being elected to the board?

I currently volunteer by running the Dealer’s Den for Furry Migration, and would continue to do so after being elected.

What brought you to the furry fandom?

The same thing that I believe brings most people to the fandom…a sense of community and shared interests.

Who/What is your inspiration in life?

My inspiration in life is perhaps a bit cheesy, but I really do enjoy seeing the smiles on peoples’ faces when things go well.  It was fun to work the convention and see how many people were really enjoying that, so I want to continue making that happen.

Being elected to the MNFurs board makes you a public figure. How will you adapt to that?

I would do my best to make myself more available on the forums or via e-mail, and probably try to get to more of the bi-weekly meets, though those tend to conflict with previous engagements.  Other than that, I don’t really consider ‘being furry’ to be something that should need to be hidden from the public at large, and so would continue being part of the community in my every day life.

What message do you have for the MNFurs community?

I know that the idea of a “Board of Directors” is a somewhat frightening thing, and there’s perhaps some ideas that the Board exists to ‘control’ the community, or to further the agendas of a particular few members.  I want the community to see that the Board exists for the community as a whole, and that its aim is not to control, but to serve.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Yancha. Reason: Canidate has submitted his responses

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#29410 Quote
    Edited the post above to include the candidates responses.

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#29617 Quote
    Krios,

…  You surprise me, you did substantially better here than i ever thought you would. You responded, time and time again. You kept your bearings and were observed as a believable and qualified candidate to the post of Board member. You see you knew, and still know that im good for a vote. (One that you might need) and although you continually responded where warranted, you did not sacrifice your personal views or renag on prior statements in an effort to win additional votes after the pre-election. I appreciate that you can tell me “i disagree”. It is the cornerstone of a dialogue that has the potential to change everything. Let us hope, for the better. Good luck~

-Cence

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.