Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Duluth Superifur Meet – July 29

Home Forums Events Duluth Superifur Meet – July 29

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Could we possibly see how much it is to reserve. And if it’s not to expensive to do so?

Unless we can bring some kind of canopy thing.If we are allowed.

SpidyTheWolfy

#48721 Quote
    Update. Beach house is a flat rate I safety of $1,000. We get it from 4pm to midnight tho.

Do i think that is out of the question…

SpidyTheWolfy

#48724 Quote
    lol, yeah. I looked it up on the earlier post, but it’s way too expensive. Might be worth it if we were going to have like 80+ people, and everyone chipped in for it.
    #48737 Quote
    Well if park point is full we can always roam around canal area also.

SpidyTheWolfy

#48739 Quote
    In trying to remember prior posts here and in the old thread, Park Point did not require any type of reservation prior to 4:00, is this correct?  If so, I am going to suggest that the person in charge of this (and your co-head if you have one) show up 20-30 minutes early and setup what you can.  Once the rest of your attendees show up then everything else can be setup and you can do your 12:00-4:00 event.

Also, do you have a backup plan for another park if the current one is full or does not work out for other reasons?  Mainly inquiring because of attendees bringing food/beverage items.  This is also something that needs to be planned out.

Beach houses and any other park pavilion can have high costs attached to them…It’s the same way here in the cities and sometimes more expensive.

Going back to Spidy’s comment above, if Park Point is busier as it could be a possibility if it’s a nice day and people want to hang out there, then Canal Park is a nice idea for roaming, stopping in shops, restaurants, etc.

This is all very good practice for everyone assisting with this now and for future event setups!  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#48740 Quote
    I was the one who said Park Point didn’t have reservations prior to 4 PM, which is what it said on their website. When Toru and I went to check it out in person to figure out all the rest of the details, we found out that they have a separate system of reserving pavilions prior to 4 PM that they don’t talk about online.

From what we saw when we were there last Saturday, it should still work out on Saturday, but it’s a sure thing for Sunday. However, I’ve only gotten responses from three people so far as to whether or not Sunday works, so it’s looking like we’ll still aim for Saturday, and, as of today at least, the Weather Channel says it should be nice out on both days. I’ll give it until Saturday (the 22nd) to confirm, though. And Toru and I are planning on being there by 11 to stake out the unreserved pavilion and to start setting up.

Agreed on Canal Park being an easy option if Park Point doesn’t work out, though it seems unlikely that it wouldn’t. There’s so much space there, even with one of the pavilions reserved we should have no problems.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Erdrick.
    #48742 Quote

However, I’ve only gotten responses from three people so far as to whether or not Sunday works

From experience, you will get different attendees on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday with the many different work and life schedules.

Agreed on Canal Park being an easy option if Park Point doesn’t work out, though it seems unlikely that it wouldn’t

Yeah, it’s an easy fall back plan if something does happen.  As an event planner you have to examine every aspect and the ‘what if’ scenarios.

Everything else aside, it sounds like you and whoever else is assisting you have this under control.  I am glad to see a big event in the Duluth area as there have been requests in the past for events there.  I look forward to hearing how everything went afterwards as I am not going to be able to make it.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#48744 Quote
    That’s too bad, but I’ll be sure to let you know how everything goes, and hopefully you’ll be able to make it next year if all goes well!
    #48747 Quote
    Me and kotten can be there at 11 to help set up and stuff. As of right now this is more of a meet up. So I don’t think to many peeps will show up for this one. Maybe next year when it’s more planned it will grow.

SpidyTheWolfy

#48837 Quote
    So is this whole thing confirmed?I just want to make sure it is before asking someone for a ride and then have it be canceled.
    #48839 Quote

We are still meeting up there. I’m sure someone could give a ride. I’m not sure if I have another open spot or not unless you don’t mind being a little friendly in the back seat.

SpidyTheWolfy

#48853 Quote
    Yeah it’s confirmed. Saturday from noon to 4. Toru and I will be setting up by 11:30 at the latest.
    #48866 Quote
    Yeah this is definitely not going to be a big event (at first) so we won’t need to worry so much about formal meet stuff. It’s just gonna be people showing up together for a couple hours tho we can still decide to go somewhere else if it doesn’t work or plan it for another day. It’s possible that well only need to use a pavilion or the beach house for a little bit for setting up food.
    #48867 Quote
    Hey phantom I can offer a ride there but just how far away do you live?
    #48868 Quote
    Update on food I have some ribs and some chicken I can use for BBQ but I can’t use a charcoal grill to save my life lol
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.