Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

ID at con question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    I’m completely overlooking the ID portion of furry migration so here I come to the forums. 

so my 21 yo coworker is new in state but he doesn’t have a passport or state id but he does have a birth certificate. Can he still get a badge with restrictions? Help! 

#44086 Quote
    Not sure of the ID requirement at FM but usually anything age-gated needs a picture ID

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#44088 Quote
    It doesn’t need to be a Minnesota state ID, any state ID works as long as it has a photo
    #44092 Quote
    Since we’re on the topic, sorry for hijacking your thread!

Can I use a European drivers license as a photo ID?

#44093 Quote

Since we’re on the topic, sorry for hijacking your thread! Can I use a European drivers license as a photo ID?

If you are Migrating to our convention from another country, you should probably bring your passport. I’m not part of the registration department, but I know from my own travels, a passport is a valid form of ID in almost any country.

#44109 Quote

Since we’re on the topic, sorry for hijacking your thread! Can I use a European drivers license as a photo ID?

I personally wouldn’t carry your actual passport around with you (lock that thang up in the hotel room safe asap IMO), so if your ID doesn’t work, I’d carry photocopy of your passport with you anyways as a safety thing.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by ..
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by ..
    #44112 Quote

I personally wouldn’t carry your actual passport around with you (lock that thang up in the hotel room safe asap IMO), so if your ID doesn’t work, I’d carry photocopy of your passport with you anyways as a safety thing.

Unfortunately, the actual ID needs to be on hand, so just for that one moment, the passport will be required if it is the desired option.  We must adhere to procedures that are detailed and that requires making sure that you are you.

#44223 Quote
    sorry for kinda changing subject but i rlly need to know as soon as possible before furry migration. i tried having my mom contact the furry migration email but its been a really long time and they never responded. so to start off im 13  pretty much 14 by the time furry migration starts but my parents cant bring me so my aunt and uncle offered to bring me but im not sure if they can bring me or not or if i just need a parent consent form? my aunt and uncle are pretty much my secondary parents bc i stay at their place in the summer. anyway i also wanted to know if furry migration offers one day passes at the front door?? if someone can please answer this right away i would be ever so thankfull! 🙂

"The greatest value comes from loving yourself for who you are" ~Lindsey Stirling

#44229 Quote
    Registration here!

If a youth under the age of 16 has a chaperone rather than the parent or legal Guardian; Be sure to have a signed and notarized copy of the parental permission slip http://www.furrymigration.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/consentform.pdf from a parent (with reference to the chaperone) and the chaperone should be prepared to sign yet another one at the door that says that chaperone will be responsible for you at the convention.

For further guidance; your parents bank will have a notary public available to help (usually for free or small fee). Additionally, UPS stores have them for a small fee.
    Hope that helps,
    Kiggy & Lou
    FM Registration
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by kiguel.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.