Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Lake Superifur

Home Forums Events Lake Superifur

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Hmm I was thinking maybe like a beach party at park point or something, though the sand would not be great for fursuiters, and depending on the time of year lake superior can be really cold. And there’s a lot of people there in the summer, cuz idk if you guys prefer a more private event. Also was thinking maybe Lester park would be an optimal location too.
    #48538 Quote
    July is coming up fast. do you know if this is still going to happen?

SpidyTheWolfy

#48539 Quote
    I was wondering too cause I’m super excited about it.
    #48540 Quote
    I would go if I can manage it

What can be so dangerous in a world where so many people are smiling?

chaoticravings.com

#48541 Quote
    I haven’t heard anything about this in a while… but it wouldn’t take much to set up, just a date, time, and location, and then people show up.

My personal suggestion would be Park Point, noon-4pm, July 29, have a few people bring portable grills, a few people bring some food (hot dogs, burgers, chips, etc.), everyone bring a water bottle, and have a few people bring stuff to do.

I’ve never been to something like this before, so I’m not sure what stuff we’d want to do, but I’ve never known frisbees and footballs to not be fun on a nice day.

I can bike over to Park Point today and see what all is already there and set up, and report back tonight.

#48545 Quote
    If I’m not mistaking. Might have to call Duluth and reserve. Idk how thar works. Other then that the park is public. Just no water or power or shelter tho.

SpidyTheWolfy

#48549 Quote
    Biked over there this afternoon, there are 5 public-use charcoal grills around two sheltered areas with picnic tables, and a 6th a ways off further from the beach. There are picnic tables all over the place, and the beach house is open to public use and has tables that can be set up inside.

There’s a large field set up for any number of sports, including baseball, and there’s a sandpit with volleyball nets.

Also, don’t have to call to reserve anything, though that can be done if so desired. Rate is $75/hour, and can reserve starting at 4 PM. If we’re there noon to 4 PM there’s no need to pay anything or reserve anything, as it’s open to the public. More info can be found here: http://www.duluthymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2017-Beach-House.pdf

#48553 Quote
    Yeah I was beginning to be worried about this event cuz of no recent updates, but yeah we should still totally set this up. Maybe we could do a casual meet and not reserve anything, or go after 4 like erdrick said. But yeah I agree park point is a prime location, it would be a unique beach -party kinda thing. Don’t know if the 29th works for me but well see. Also can we still call it lake superifur or… Is that something phantom trademarked?
    #48560 Quote
    Well, the 29th obviously isn’t set in stone–was just suggesting what worked for me. Either way, should be 12-4 so we don’t run into problems with reservations. If it works well, we could set up a fund for it for next year to do a reservation instead ($450 for 4-10pm reservation), if we wanted to do that instead.

I’d definitely recommend July 22, or 29, or August 5, as the date, though. Gives people enough time to plan for it, it’s on a Saturday, gives people time to drive to and from Minneapolis on the same day if they want, and it doesn’t overlap with the Blues Fest which would be a nightmare.

Here’s a poll for it, so people can vote on when works best for them. http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=59529ec8e4b0f8d8628a60dc

#48562 Quote

I’d definitely recommend July 22, or 29, or August 5, as the date, though.

One thing I will point out is that the weekend of July 22 there are 2 events going on and one of them is the Oval fur meet.  Just pointing this out if you are anticipating anyone from the cities driving up.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#48563 Quote
    Ah. Well that makes July 29 and August 5 better dates for sure.
    #48565 Quote
    Hmm well we already have FM in August sooo maybe the 29th would be best, it’s still like a month away which is plenty of time for people to take time off. Though the next thing is, is which pavilion are we gonna have this at? Or are we gonna have it in the beach house?
    #48567 Quote
    I was just thinking the whole area in general, unless there was some plan for an activity of some sort that needed the beach house in particular. Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve never been to an event like this, so I’m not sure what sorts of activities are normally planned for them.

I guess activity suggestions and volunteers to bring food/activities/etc. would be a good idea. But again, I have no idea what to expect.

#48569 Quote
    To Erdrick & Toru – Yes…FM is at the end of August, so if you plan to try and host this during that month, I am strongly going to suggest at the start.  Many people are traveling from all over for FM and having a Duluth event very close to FM is not a good idea because I think it would really deter attendance for your event.

In my personal opinion, the end of July is your best bet!

Not trying to scare you into making any decisions, just guiding where I can.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#48570 Quote
    Yeah I can go there tomorrow to scope out for a good place at park point, then all we need to do is pick that location, set a time and date and just have people show up with food n stuff. I was thinking about getting a badmitten set, and maybe other people can bring more things too like maybe sports balls or card games, maybe somebody could supply some music. I think it would be better to just have a casual meet at first so then maybe next year we will know what to plan and make it something more official like the spring picnic.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.