Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Lake Superifur

Home Forums Events Lake Superifur

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Oh I see
    #48616 Quote
    Huzzah! I got it to work, this time, without disappearing!

Hopefully with the new thread up we can have it organized better, so people don’t have to read through 3+ pages to find out any details.

#48617 Quote
    Awesome. Is it ok that when I come that I don’t have any furry attire? I mean what kind of attire would a Shark bring , arm fins?
    #48618 Quote
    No worries. I’ve personally got a fox onesie pajamas, a few MLP shirts, and 2 Zootopia shirts. You can bet I’ll be showing up in swimtrunks and a t-shirt.
    #48620 Quote
    Yeah guys I think mnfurs already have an event on the 29th, should we bump the time? Or maybe just have it planned better for next year?
    #48621 Quote
    That’s a disappointment. I was really excited for this. Are there even any other days we could do it?
    #48624 Quote
    The event on the 29th looks like a regular frequent event. One to two times per month at a Perkins, from 5-11 PM. Doubt it would stop people who wanted to come to Duluth for the day from doing both.
    #48625 Quote
    Yeah cause noon-4 and 5-11 are different times. But it is a 3 hour drive according to google Maps. I don’t have a car so I don’t know how that would be so idk it’s probably fine.
    #48627 Quote
    Eh. The way people drive, and on a Saturday going from Duluth to Minneapolis… it’s more like 2 and a half hours, lol.

Plus if someone wants to come to Duluth for Park Point, and they leave at 3, they’ll only be an hour late to the Perkins, which given that it’s at Perkins it probably doesn’t matter if they show up at 8–they’ll still be able to do everything one can do at a Perkins. But, I don’t know what actually goes on at the Perkins meets.

But the point is, I wouldn’t worry about it. This is mostly just to gauge interest and see how many people would actually want to go to a meet in Duluth in the summer–and if people aren’t willing to miss out on an hour at Perkins to spend the day on the beach, then that’s a pretty bad sign.

Edit to add, for clarity: When I say this is mostly just to gauge interest, I don’t mean that the event is hypothetical–the event is definitely real, and we’re definitely going to go hang out at the beach and have some fun as long as there’s not a huge storm or something making that impossible (or at least making it a terrible idea). So, barring inclement weather, July 29th, 12-4 PM, Park Point; let’s see who all shows up!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Erdrick.
    #48630 Quote
    I also believe that that most from Duluth area will be at park point. And probably could not go to the cities anyways.

SpidyTheWolfy

#48635 Quote

Plus if someone wants to come to Duluth for Park Point, and they leave at 3, they’ll only be an hour late to the Perkins, which given that it’s at Perkins it probably doesn’t matter if they show up at 8–they’ll still be able to do everything one can do at a Perkins. But, I don’t know what actually goes on at the Perkins meets. But the point is, I wouldn’t worry about it.

If people are willing to make the drive from the cities to Duluth then they will.  Most of what goes on at Perkins is eating, socializing, & board/card/tabletop games.  People over at Caribou socialize and hang outside ’till it closes.  Again, if people from the cities want to attend then they will.  I would not worry too much about that aspect and keep focused on your audience in Duluth.  I am sure that many in and around the Duluth area are very excited to attend an event close to them.  😀

This is mostly just to gauge interest and see how many people would actually want to go to a meet in Duluth in the summer

Good job so far!  😉

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#48638 Quote
    Thanks. That’s pretty much what I figured. Hope it ends up being a nice day for it.
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.