Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Monthly Bowling ~ Moving Forward –

Home Forums Events – Monthly Bowling ~ Moving Forward –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    – MONTHLY BOWLING –

Hey there, your Events fox here.  The monthly bowling events will undergo some changes and this includes changing the venues and trying to go back on a rotating schedule.  The reason for this is because it allows members of our community a chance to attend one that maybe they could not in the past because of distance or not the during the right time of the day.

For the rest of this month and part of March, I want to leave open as we have the MNFurs elections going on and then Werecamp as the next major event.  Tentatively I plan to launch on the Saturday of March 23 or 30…On the 30 is also a West Metro Meet and this will be fine as it will offer a choice to those who want to go to one or the other or both.  If I find something earlier in the afternoon then community members can attend this first and then the meet.  Time will tell on what plans get settled on.

The next question you may be asking is are we going to continue to have it at Flaherty’s up in Arden Hills?  The short answer is yes, but not immediately as I want to start with an old venue that we are liked at and that is the Super Bowl in Ramsey.  I am either going to try and plan something for unlimited bowling which happens in the late evening or see about an afternoon if it can be managed.

On another fun topic related, I will also be looking for volunteers that also want to help run some of these in the future.  Some of you I have spoken to already and I would love to run some of these with you and also have some of you run them on your own.  This is a great opportunity to learn how to plan and host!

Interested in wanting to run one?  Hit me up on social media and/or e-mail [email protected] as I would love to chat with some of you!

Now I want to look to you, the community, what do you want to see?  I have some questions below and please feel free to ask more questions not included below.  🙂

– Saturday or Sunday?

– Afternoon or evening?

– Besides Ramsey and Arden Hills, anymore bowling venue ideas?

– Bowling venues with more to do than just bowling?  For example, arcades and/or dining area?

– Anything else?  🙂

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#55440 Quote
    I’d love to get back to evening bowling on Saturday nights. Doesn’t have to just be bowling, an arcade sounds like a lot of fun too.

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#55441 Quote

I’d love to get back to evening bowling on Saturday nights. Doesn’t have to just be bowling, an arcade sounds like a lot of fun too.

Thank you for your input!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#55442 Quote
    Good to see the bowling event contuining!

– Saturday’s would be the best.

– Afternoon would be good too, but I’m fine with evenings.

– I was thinking of the Bowlero ( Formerly Brunswick Zone XL) bowling venue in Brooklyn Park. There it has laser tag as well! As well as the arcades too. Pool tables are included as well.

– Hopefully it could be a recurring monthly event, than just be it for special occasions.

#55443 Quote

Good to see the bowling event contuining! – Saturday’s would be the best. – Afternoon would be good too, but I’m fine with evenings. – I was thinking of the Bowlero ( Formerly Brunswick Zone XL) bowling venue in Brooklyn Park. There it has laser tag as well! As well as the arcades too. Pool tables are included as well. – Hopefully it could be a recurring monthly event, than just be it for special occasions.

Thank you for your input.  There is a Bowlero in Lakeville too and I need to talk with them to gauge their thoughts on hosting there.  For your Brooklyn Park location too, so this is on my list to check out.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#55444 Quote
    – Saturday or Sunday? :  switch off? One month Saturday the other Sunday for more availability for people?

– Afternoon or evening? Evenings for Saturday, afternoon for Sunday’s

– Besides Ramsey and Arden Hills, anymore bowling venue ideas? Bowlero Brooklyn Park?

– Bowling venues with more to do than just bowling?  For example, arcades and/or dining area? Arcade is definitely a plus, I think also having food options is good too, also a separate room/area for changing/storage? It’s nice to have a private place for this and to just chill

– Anything else?  🙂

I hope it continues to be monthly event, maybe at the beginning or middle of the month? If any help is needed running please feel free to reach out to me !

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Mio.
    #55446 Quote

– Saturday or Sunday? : switch off? One month Saturday the other Sunday for more availability for people? – Afternoon or evening? Evenings for Saturday, afternoon for Sunday’s – Besides Ramsey and Arden Hills, anymore bowling venue ideas? Bowlero Brooklyn Park? – Bowling venues with more to do than just bowling? For example, arcades and/or dining area? Arcade is definitely a plus, I think also having food options is good too, also a separate room/area for changing/storage? It’s nice to have a private place for this and to just chill – Anything else? I hope it continues to be monthly event, maybe at the beginning or middle of the month? If any help is needed running please feel free to reach out to me !

Thank you for all of your input and good idea on both days for afternoon/evening switching.  Another community member brought up Bowlero too and I plan to do some R&D with this one.

Noted on the arcade and dining options.  I agree with separate areas for changing and tote storage…This is usually the more tough part as some venues may want a method of payment to utilize, but based on experience most venues are lenient.

Yep, I plan to reach out to you when I want someone else to run one.  😀

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#55447 Quote
    That’ll be so nice since I’m moving back to anoka, and it’s cheaper too! Saturday, Evening, and some other great places to bowl are Classic bowl in coon rapids by mercy hospital, and Bowlero in blaine off of highway 65 (Bowlero also has good arcacde area it use to be a Brunswik Zone)

- Stay Funky

#55450 Quote
    Sadly everything is still too far away from me. I do agree with Ryan/Red about Bowlero. That one I would definately be able to make since it’s not so far away from me! Interested in how these will change…
    #55451 Quote
    Ryan/Red – Classic Bowl…Been ages since a community member hosted a bowling event there.  I believe that was back in 2012 or 2013.  I will have to look at this place again sometime too.

Blasco – Will do our best to get Bowlero on the list.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#55452 Quote
    I just realized that the Bowlero that was being talked about is the one in Blaine. I was hoping the one in Lakeville would suffice? I don’t know if that’s too far south though…
    #55453 Quote

I was hoping the one in Lakeville would suffice? I don’t know if that’s too far south though…

I plan to visit the Lakeville one right off 35 as I do want to host one there in the close near future.  This one is about 10-15 minutes away from where I live too heh.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#55455 Quote
    Why not both 😀

- Stay Funky

#55456 Quote
    @Drake M.

Classic bowl is so much fun, and their prices are reasonable if i remember right.

There’s also a grand slam in Anoka

- Stay Funky

#55457 Quote
    Super Bowl in Ramsey is one of the better locations we’ve done bowling at, imo.  It has a small arcade, decent prices, and some alright food too.  Was fun for some late night hangout time with people and we always seemed to have a decent turnout. It was a good event to do either on an off weekend or in place of the west metro meets (as those are getting kinda quiet nowadays sans a few regulars that attend now.) So alternatives are nice even if once every couple months.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.