Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Open Room Party – "Stories About Us" Indie Game Early-Access Celebration

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Furry Migration 2017 Furry Migration Events And Programming Open Room Party – "Stories About Us" Indie Game Early-Access Celebration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hello everyone!

First off, I meant to explain this earlier right after FM, but things got a little crazy. I did schedule a panel in 2016 for a game developer social. Work decided at the last minute it wouldn’t let me leave in time for that to happen. With the event already printed in the convention booklet, I just had to hope people were not too upset over the fact the person heading the panel could not show.

That being said, I would like to get to the meat and potatoes of something new! Pending the convention is carrying over the open-door room parties in the suites on the 4th floor of the hotel to 2017, I would like to announce an open room party for the celebration early-access release of my game “Stories About Us” before I get it to final release around the time of MFF 2017!

How I envision this working is that it would start early in the evening and go on as long as there is a fairly-sized crowd. There would be a laptop hooked up by USB to HDMI to a big-screen TV in the room so people can sit and play-test the early-access release. If people would leave their comments and questions about anything the game may do well or need to improve upon before final release, I could enter those names into a drawing for some door prizes like Visa gift cards or con merchandise that would be announced before the end of the night. There would be non-alcoholic refreshments for all ranging from bottled water to orange juice and other such things.
    Does this sound like anything people would be interested in seeing?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Velli Wolf.
    #45751 Quote
    Lets do the good news.

For those that are wondering – Furry Migration will have open-door room parties at the convention.  We don’t have all the details worked out but it will be similar to last year.

Your concept sounds great and it’s exactly one of the reason these room parties exist.  It sounds like a solid plan.

In the “being old responsible” voice – Reminder – you can’t sell items in a hotel room – state law.  And any give away please make sure you read State, county, and city law.  We don’t want any trouble 🙂

Again this is something that when the convention is ready to accept room party submission this would be something to submit to be consider.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#45752 Quote
    No worries, I am on the tail-end of a 15-hour work day so I may not be thinking the clearest. I wanted to get the idea out there is all and iron out everything further on.
    #45754 Quote
    What would you rate this game? As in age limit?

~ YellowEars

#45791 Quote
    Probably PG-13, more details will come out as design progresses on the game.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.