Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Pizza and Bowling in Duluth – December 8

Home Forums Events Pizza and Bowling in Duluth – December 8

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hey all! We’re having a pre-finals week study break with pizza and bowling!

Date: Friday, December 8

Time: 6-8 PM
    Cost: $8-$15
    Menu: https://pizzaluce.com/menu/

Time: 8:30-10:30 PM
    Cost: $8.95 + tax

Fursuits are welcome at both!

Please RSVP so I can give Pizza Luce an estimate when I make the reservation.

#50023 Quote
    A-what!? Did someone say ‘bowling’ (I suck! I once threw a ball…BEHIND ME!! …At the last furry bowling function I went to! LOL! But I still love the game. 🙂 )!?

A-And…Duluth!? I went to college for two years there, at St. Scholastica! My grandpa lived a large portion of his life there, as long as I ever knew him, from birth, growing up, through his passing (RIP, Grandpa, I miss you… 🙁 )!? It’s my literal IRL home-away-from-home! 😀

And…AND PIZZA F***ING LUCE!? That is my single favorite pizza place (and chain, but I love the Duluth one the best!) in the whole WOLF!!!!

…Er… Hee hee! That was a legitimate, actual typo, believe it or not… Eh-heh-heh. I just watched the first episode of “Wolf’s Rain” as I start my second run-through of the series. It’s my second favorite animated show of all time; the first is “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” (and MLP:FiM is, in general, my favorite show of all time, animated or live action), and the third is “Adventure Time”. “Mystery Science Theater 3000” is my favorite live-action show.

So, I have wolves on the brain…plus, I am one, sooo…yeah. Wolf, wolf, wolf, ‘world’ becomes ‘wolf’. *Barks at silly typo* *Chases tail* *Catches it and falls over on side* *Flails helplessly on floor*

So, let me try that again… “That is my single favorite pizza place in the whole WORLD!!!!”

Hell yeah, I’ll be there! I’ve been meaning to go up to Duluth for YEARS!! This will be a great reason to not only meet some of the local Duluth furries and furry affiliates, but to re-visit my favorite city in America! Yay!

I’ll see if I can snag a room at a motel for the night. Hopefully the night’s not booked… But, if not…I’ve driven there and back again after dark many times. It shant be a problem, either way.

Thankfully, I get paid on the December 3rd, so I’ll be there for sure! I’m so stoked! My tail is wagging so fast, probably in a circle, that I could easily take flight if I were lighter! Demon-wolf-plane, away! Zoooommmm! To Duluth on December 8th!

Oh, hey! And the next day is the West Metro Meet! Busy furry weekend! Awesome! A~woo! (*As a writer, I can only shake my head at the amount of exclamation points I’m using here. Settle the ‘eff down, Convel! LOL! Sheesh!)

Hee hee. *Shuffles foot embarrassedly* I just had my “morning” coffee. I have been recouping from the last week of “long nights, impossible odds, keeping my eye to the keyhole. If it takes all that, to be just what I am, I’m gonna be a” writing furry! …To steal more than a little from the chorus from Styx’s ‘Blue Collar Man,’ from their dynamite 1978 album, “Pieces of Eight.” So…I’m buzzy on caffeine! Mmm. Coffee. And they have GREAT coffee at Pizza Luce!

Uh-oh. Look out for the caffeine-addled demon wolf running on the ceiling of the Duluth Pizza Luce! I if I run out of coffee, I may fall through a table. 😀 Just sayin’.

See ya all there! *Waves paw* (I’m now in my full-wolf form, on the ceiling of my living room. I have no idea how I’m tying this. Magic? Woo!)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Convel. Reason: "The Demon Wolf, or There and Back Again: To and From Duluth for Furry Fun" -- Had to make an edit

I am Convel Deamhan: I've learned that light can be born from darkness, beauty from ugliness, redemption from damnation, and friendship from loneliness. I am ecstatic to be a member of MNFurs, and the furry fandom at large!

#50026 Quote
    😀

Glad you’ll be able to make it! We’re hoping to have another good meet that Friday–our last one had 15 for food and 20 for bowling.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Erdrick.
    #50031 Quote
    Yep, the Grue ate my second edit. I had to correct a typo in my first edit, and *POOF!* my reply vanished. 😀 Well, at least no one can accuse this site of being inconsistent! LOL!

Ugh! No matter what I do, wherever the smileys are in a post, whenever I quote a post with one in them, THEY GROW HUGE! LOL! Why!? Is it a Chrome thing?

(Convel’s note: *Puts smiley in a bag*) Glad you’ll be able to make it! We’re hoping to have another good meet that Friday–our last one had 15 for food and 20 for bowling.

Oh, awesome! That sounds like it was an awesome turnout! Here’s hoping for another great one for this upcoming meetup.

As a note, I’ll be up near Duluth on a weekly basis due to my uncle being in a care facility near Carlton…

No, not that one! Which of my ‘sonas is making this!? LOL! 😛

…and I’ll be visiting him every week, probably near the middle of the week.

So, if any Duluth MNFurs guys/gals/anthros/species NOS (*not otherwise specified; a clinical term, LOL!) ever want to hang out, just hit me up with a personal message here, or leave me a message on Telegram (I left a link to my Telegram account on my profile here). I’m not often on Telegram, at least lately, but I’ll see it whenever I check in. I’ll be checking in throughout the day, on most days, starting tomorrow. I’ve just needed to recoup solo lately.

Duluth isn’t much of a hike from Carlton…

LOL! Okay, I swear that’s the last time that’ll happen! 😀

…so I’ll no doubt be spending much more time in the city, at least for the day, in the near future. So, if anyone ever feels like chilling, for a few hours or whatever, feel free to hit me up!

I’ll have to revisit some of my favorite local Duluth haunts, especially the Amazing Grace Cafe and Bakery, Taste of Saigon (in the same building!), Burrito Union, The Electric Fetus, the city’s myriad hills on my bike, and take a swim out to, and few jumps off of “The Icehouse”, like I did in September one year; albeit once it gets warmer. Though, apparently the pillar in front of the Icehouse has gone missing, circa 2015:

http://www.citypages.com/news/part-of-duluths-landmark-icehouse-in-lake-superior-has-mysteriously-disappeared-6555545

Jinkies! It looks like we have a mystery, gang!

*Scampers off to the Mystery Machine*

*Blasts ‘Hunting High and Low’ by Stratovarius, from their 2000 album, “Infinite”*

I’m coming to find you, missing Icehouse pillar! You will be jumped off of by drunken college students once more!

LOL! See y’all in Duluth next month!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Convel. Reason: *Yawn* I just like writing here. Does anyone actually read these? *Takes a nap in the 'Optional reason for editing:" box*

I am Convel Deamhan: I've learned that light can be born from darkness, beauty from ugliness, redemption from damnation, and friendship from loneliness. I am ecstatic to be a member of MNFurs, and the furry fandom at large!

#50072 Quote
    Any more RSVPs? I’m planning on calling Pizza Luce tomorrow to make the reservation.
    #50081 Quote

Any more RSVPs? I’m planning on calling Pizza Luce tomorrow to make the reservation.

Do we have enough to make the even final, either way? I’m super excited for this, but don’t want to get my hopes too-too high, in the event that it has to be cancelled. I’m just trying to keep my expectations realistic.

#50112 Quote

Do we have enough to make the even final, either way? I’m super excited for this, but don’t want to get my hopes too-too high, in the event that it has to be cancelled. I’m just trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Yes. I made the reservation for 12. Thinking we’ll have around that.

#50113 Quote

Yes. I made the reservation for 12. Thinking we’ll have around that.

Sweet! I can’t wait. This will be a much needed getaway for me. 🙂 I’m looking forward to it.

#50138 Quote
    My bf and I are thinking of attending. The last meet you had looked like a lot of fun. 😀
    #50155 Quote

My bf and I are thinking of attending. The last meet you had looked like a lot of fun.

Hope to see you two there!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Erdrick.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.