Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Ride Share to FM from Michigan

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by CJ.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hello,

Not a post for me. I have a friend up in the Michigan area whom is looking for transportation options. Is anyone coming from the Tri-cities area and have space for another person?

#63808 Quote
    I do not have a car, but I have travel information that may be of interest in the long term if the individual plans on trying to get to the twin cities more than once from Michigan or travel between the two states.

My spouse is from Michigan, and I had to move them to the twin cities manually while disabled and on foot myself, so if your friend would like a travel route that is not exclusively plane or carshare connections:

In order to get to Michigan in the past I’ve taken amtrak train via the empire builder, conneting to the pere marquette which stops in Holland near where I need to get to in Grand Haven Michigan for the USA coast Guard Festival and where my spouse used to live. The Pere Marquette probably services other areas of Michigan, so if your friend can get transport bursts via friend/family or taxi/rideshare, it is not impossible to train between the two states if you have the time for it.

It’s an inexpensive option for those on a budget, but the connections into and out of Chicago can be a pain. I am currently testing my 2 year cumulative logistics for the best ground travel between MI and MN, and would reccomend taking the lake express ferry from Muskegon Michigan into Milwaukee, Wisconsin if necessary to avoid Chicago congestion and if time is of an urgent issue to save. From the ferry point in Milwaukee, you can travel to the train station to catch the trains or busses bound for Union Depot station in St. Paul. The Union Depot station connects directly with the green line, which then gives you access to Minneapolis and close proximity to the Hyatt Regency. Or, you can take the 94 bus out of downtown St paul, but I presume someone may be able to pick them up from Union depot in the  lowertown area of St. Paul.

I hadn’t ever taken trains cross region, but I was relieved that there were travel options if car requests couldn’t be filled or granted by busy hands. I strongly reccomend planning for 24-48 hours extra to accomodate for any missed connections that may occur due to freight trains taking precedent over passenger trains for right of way. You are accomodated for housing and food should any delay on Amtrak occur. You get 2 free bags of luggage, so it if one is traveling with a suit I believe it’s accommodating.

I do hope someone can rideshare with your friend however as the primary option, but being in the position of having to travel solo between the two states with few options, I thought I’d give input that worked for me. Let me know if you have any questions or if your friend thinks just paying for a train or bus would be easier. Rates aren’t that offensive at the moment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

Current Template: page.php

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.