Positions Currently Needing Filling:
- Social Media Director
- As social media director, it would be your responsibility to work closely with the Events staff and the Web/IT team to push out notifications across platforms such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, FurAffinity, Google+, email, and the MNFurs.org website. You would be responsible for drafting the wording of the postings and helping reply to any questions or comments in these media.
- Skills required: Good interpersonal communication skills, consistency in posting on schedules, formal writing skills.
- To apply please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretarial Assistant
- As assistant to the secretary, it would be your responsibility to assist the secretary in performance of his or her board duties. This would include tasks such as attending various department meetings to take notes, gathering notes from other note-takers, publishing abbreviated results to the website and forums, helping research legal matters for the group, and assisting in facilitating communications between departments and individuals. This is a high-activity position.
- Skills required: Good interpersonal communication skills, fast/accurate typing, conciseness in written documents, formal writing skills preferred but not necessary.
- To apply please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- More To Come
Skills In Need:
Below is a list of general skills we are looking for, to fill a variety of needs.
- Social Media Moderation – keeping an eye on the various MNFurs social media channels for comments, concerns, or other issues.
- Writers – several areas of MNFurs has need of content writers, to take bullet point information and turn it into website pages and formal documents.
- Artists – MNFurs is always eager to work with artists willing to donate their time and skills for artwork for the site, MNFurs events, and the convention.
- Organization – The Secretary and Furry Resources staff are looking for interested individuals to help with note taking at meetings, publishing group progress to the website, and overall management of the group’s literary resources.
- Business and Accounting – The Treasury department is looking for individuals with the desire and/or skills to assist in maintaining the accounting for Minnesota Furs.
- General Assistance – Many tasks require no defined skill other than attentiveness and willingness, such as picnic cleanup or transporting goods and people to and from events.
Do you or someone you know have a skill they’d like to hone and improve that isn’t listed here, but don’t know how? Contact our volunteers department! Odds are that we can help in that task, earning you volunteer hours in gaining skills in what you desire.
If you, or a potential volunteer you know, has interest in these areas please email email@example.com to assist!