Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Artists BEWARE: whos been using YOUR art

Home Forums General Discussions Artwork Artists BEWARE: whos been using YOUR art

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    So im not an artist but after seeing this I did it and found one of my commissioned art's of my fursona and my boyfriends posted on 2 Tumblr site's without the consent of me or the artist I commissioned.. its worth your time to try this, even people who arent artists and commission art:

How do check were your art is:

http://www.olivierargyle.co.uk/2013/01/09/whos-been-using-your-art/

Journal about the theft of my commissioned art:

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4221557/

#9354 Quote
    This is so common that its not even worth fighting for.  Anything put on the internet can be downloaded and saved by anyone.  Think of all of the art people have on their hard drives.  Did they not 'steal' that art as well?  The only way to keep something private is just by doing that… keep it private.  Don't post art, ask the artist to not post it and then and only then will your art not be saved and enjoined by others.

Furry Migration Staff (Volunteers) & MNFurs Board Member.

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Snap_E._Tiger

#9355 Quote
    It’s like putting your picture on Facebook. Even on private a friend may post it elsewhere and its gone and out of your control. Posting something online is accepting it will be shared if people enjoy it. As an aspiring artist I would see the proliferation of my work as a success. That’s the tech age we’re in now.
    #9360 Quote
    Zepaw said:

It's like putting your picture on Facebook. Even on private a friend may post it elsewhere and its gone and out of your control. Posting something online is accepting it will be shared if people enjoy it. As an aspiring artist I would see the proliferation of my work as a success. That's the tech age we're in now.

well problem was they didnt credit the artist at all or provide any links to the artist, if that was done I probably would have cared a bit less since at least the artist would be getting recognition for her work.

#9361 Quote
    Skystrider said:

Zepaw said:

It's like putting your picture on Facebook. Even on private a friend may post it elsewhere and its gone and out of your control. Posting something online is accepting it will be shared if people enjoy it. As an aspiring artist I would see the proliferation of my work as a success. That's the tech age we're in now.

well problem was they didnt credit the artist at all or provide any links to the artist, if that was done I probably would have cared a bit less since at least the artist would be getting recognition for her work.

Did the artist put a mark on it and the the reposters removed it? That would be a shame. Past that I don't expect everyone to always post credit, whether it be laziness or just not knowing who to credit. If they make a claim of it as their own thats a concern but I don't fault people if they don't know who to credit on a piece.

#9363 Quote
    My experience is that art posted without permission is really only worth fighting for the following reasons:

• The poster is claiming credit for the piece
    • The poster has removed a watermark or signature
    • The poster is uploading a high resolution copy

Otherwise, it's simply too much trouble to deal with… I see art of my character posted on tumblr, image boards, and random Russian websites all the time… I've only pursued action/notified the original artist when one of the above points is met… otherwise it'd be a full time job!

#9364 Quote
    Caltsar said:

My experience is that art posted without permission is really only worth fighting for the following reasons:

• The poster is claiming credit for the piece
    • The poster has removed a watermark or signature
    • The poster is uploading a high resolution copy

Only times I care with photography is (a) They are making money by selling copies or (b) they are using it to sell a product or service.

As they both require a license to do so. And I know who has those licenses. =)

#9370 Quote
    How handy, Cracked.com wrote about such problems today. Entry 3, Tumblr: The Credit-Removing Fan
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-types-a2A2A2Aole-invented-by-internet/
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.