Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Battlefront First Impressions

Home Forums General Discussions Computer, Handheld, and Console Gaming Battlefront First Impressions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    The presentation of the game is very high quality and there is surprisingly next to no load times. Guns handle very well. The visuals are stunning and mostly screen accurate: The area of Tattooine that’s unlocked feels more like Mad Max than Star Wars. It has a bog-standard “you must have played this long to use this” unlock system you see everywhere but Counterstrike. That seems to be the only progression in the game.

What does worry me thus far is the content that appears to exist is less than CS:GO’s list of maps. In the beta you can only play 3 maps it seems, but you can see the ones that are locked and there aren’t many. I fear that either the game will wear thin quick for a lot of people, or we can expect very early paid map packs.

One area I think they missed an opportunity is critical points on vehicles.  While playing in zombie mode, erm, I mean horde mode I was assaulted by an AT-ST a few times and was left with little option other than to just shoot at it.  A lot.  It didn’t seem to matter where I shot it, everything did the same amount of damage.  You could kill an AT-ST shooting it in the feet as quick as in the joints, the undercarriage, or right through the fuselage windows.

Lastly I’ll add that horde mode is basically a copy-pasta of the multiplayer from Mass Effect 3 except you can play as a maximum of 2 people, at least for now.  Limited number of waves of increasingly difficult enemies, periodic mini objectives, that sort of thing.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#35361 Quote
    Pre-ordered as of now, hope to see you on!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#35370 Quote
    Latest news is that the season pass costs fifty dollars.  Sadly I won’t be buying the game.  I have made it clear that were someone to buy it for me among my roomies I would play, but they’re not too sure either right now.

I did however just secure my tickets for The Force Awakens.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#35381 Quote
    Oh well let me know!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.