Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Camping Trip!

Home Forums Events Camping Trip!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Oops, sorry! [email protected] I’ll post it in the main post as well, thank you!
    #41157 Quote
    This is going to be a fun weekend. I’m glad Kehmet told me about this. We’re going to share a tent. For camping gear, between the two of us and borrowing from his Dad, we should have all the gear we need.
    #41253 Quote
    Although I won’t be going, I do have a 1-2 person tent that someone can have for free if they need one. I only used it two or three times, so it’s still in really good condition.
    #41293 Quote
    Hey all – IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

We are at our MAX for camping. Below is the list of those attending – if you are not on this list but would like to attend, you will need to rent an additional site. If your name has a * before, you have not yet paid. If you do not pay before the event you cannot attend – we will be purchasing food before traveling to the site.

Rebel, Blade, Soupy, Saltine, *Kiguel, *April, Patrick, *Flip, Josh, Vlad, Jack, Kehmet, *Makalu, Pepper, Skisharp, *Lacey, Sike, Taky, Tony, Ian, *Legofox

#41295 Quote
    Sounds like it’s going to be a fun weekend! I would join, but I’m moving my roommate out that weekend. Have fun everyone!
    #41300 Quote
    Aw man, i wish i could go :C
    #41303 Quote
    A few more updates! A correction to the TIME OF THE EVENT – Check in is at 4:00 PM Friday, check out at 12:00 PM Sunday. You can arrive anytime!

Once you arrive at the campsite, our site is about a mile and a half back. You’ll enter the park, purchase your parking pass (if you don’t have one already) and can ask for directions to the site (or attempt to follow mine… which I’ll try to make clear but no guarentee haha)… Continue straight past the park office, keeping left until you see a sign that says group sites. You’ll turn down a narrow dirt road and drive until you hit a small parking lot. We are in site 6, there are carts to carry things back from here if you’d like! Parking is VERY LIMITED – PLEASE CARPOOL.

Our site is primitive and has pump water and primitive toilets. There are flush toilets and showers within driving distance back at the main campground. If you arrive and the parking lot is full, there is additional parking near the main campground.

ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED AT ALL STATE CAMPGROUNDS. This is a rule set by the MN DNR; I cannot enforce what you bring in, so if you choose to bring alcohol that’s your choice. Please only do so if you plan to be respectful and are willing to dispose of it or even leave the grounds if asked by a park ranger.

Finally, please BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER CAMPERS. We are in site 6 of 10, meaning there are 9 other groups in close proximity to us. It goes without saying that we should be polite and courteous towards these other parties – no excessive noise, no access to other sites, if you have your suit on and they ask about it please EXPLAIN. I don’t want to cause any upset and create issues for us. Thank you very much, sorry for the long read!

#41308 Quote
    Good luck with everything Rebel!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#41405 Quote
    I hope at least someone was able to take a few pictures to show everyone else how much fun was had.  And perhaps next time more can show up.  Not to mention for those of us that were unable to attend.

Real-life can be such a drag at times.

#41413 Quote
    Is there going to be another one in the future?
    #41423 Quote

Is there going to be another one in the future?

I cannot speak on Rebel’s behalf, but I have a camping idea on a slow-burning grill, but I do not know of when yet honestly…I know Rebel did her camping trip last year around this time too.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#41543 Quote

I hope at least someone was able to take a few pictures to show everyone else how much fun was had.

I did bring my camera with. Tried to do some bird photos, but I don’t have anything with long enough reach. But I also brought some new lighting gear then I ended up experimenting with for the half-hour or so that people had suits on: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kehmet/albums/72157668923004696

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.