Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

can we do another big thing like were we do up twin citys but in Rochester?

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions can we do another big thing like were we do up twin citys but in Rochester?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    could we do a big feast or somtihng shoing of art  pepole fursuiting and more some place at rochester
    #29330 Quote
    You talking something along the lines of picnic?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#29331 Quote
    More like a con or get to gather mostly con
    #29332 Quote

could we do a big feast or somtihng shoing of art pepole fursuiting and more some place at rochester

I know we’ve actually talked about doing this before, but there’s one big problem – all of our usual event runners are up in the cities and that makes scoping out event sites and talking to people a bit tough. We would need a local willing to help take the lead in finding those places, though I know there’d be plenty of support to help make sure that it goes off. Just need someone with an idea and boots on the ground in Rochester to do it!

#29333 Quote
    I live near rolling stone once I tell my mom I’m a furry(hoply this next month) I can be the one stwrtng in down here. I do have ideas and mybe were to do it
    #29334 Quote

could we do a big feast or somtihng shoing of art  pepole fursuiting and more some place at rochester

That would be awesome! If we could do that, I live about 15 minutes away from Rochester and I would be willing to possibly help with planning if we could make this a thing.

Carry on my wayward son, they'll be peace when you are done...

#29345 Quote

I live near rolling stone once I tell my mom I’m a furry(hoply this next month) I can be the one stwrtng in down here. I do have ideas and mybe were to do it

All I can say is good luck and see what you come up with 🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#29352 Quote
    you guys think we should at that  mayo clinic commintiy  center?( not shure if thats the right name for it

#29357 Quote

you guys think we should at that mayo clinic commintiy center?( not shure if thats the right name for it

I am not familiar with the Rochester area at all honestly…This being said, I am not sure what good options are in your area aside from the usual venues like a park for example.  You say it’s a community center attached to a Mayo Clinic…If your information is correct, the next step would be to figure out costs, rules, and anything else that will be a liability to you and the event…I word it this way because it’s more than good to cover all your bases.

Secondly, at the beginning of your thread you said you wanted this to be a con…This would mean that you want to get over 300+ attendees to come down to Rochester.  What are you trying to accomplish with your event again?  Not much details were given either…If this is a big gathering, are you looking for something along the lines of having scheduled activities like games, a photo shoot, and people bring potluck-style food items?  I just need a memory refresher on this.  🙂

Next up, don’t try to put all eggs in one basket and research just a single community center.  See if there are others in the area as different venues have different costs, rules, etc…

Lastly, are there any furs in your area locally that you can work with?  This will be more helpful in the grand scheme presence-wise during your research and scouting.

I understand that this is a lot of information being said, but I want you to succeed in your event planning.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#29361 Quote

you guys think we should at that mayo clinic commintiy center?( not shure if thats the right name for it

Secondly, at the beginning of your thread you said you wanted this to be a con…This would mean that you want to get over 300+ attendees to come down to Rochester. What are you trying to accomplish with your event again? Not much details were given either…If this is a big gathering, are you looking for something along the lines of having scheduled activities like games, a photo shoot, and people bring potluck-style food items? I just need a memory refresher on this. :)

As Drake mentioned. It takes a lot to do a major event this is something that takes a large number of people to do a good major event.

If you look at major events and how they started they don’t start from someone saying we are going to do a major event. It’s because there has been a lot of successful small meet ups/smaller simpler events. Some at people houses, some at restaurants – usually at a free location that people get together. From there people learn how to work together and get people to help out. From there it usually evolves into bigger things.

MNfurs is dedicated in putting on events and more importantly providing the skills to help put on bigger events. If you would like to learn more it might be good to help participate in the building of an event that is happening in Twin Cities so you can see what goes on the process of planning/building a larger scale event.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#29362 Quote
    thanks to both of you guy ill probley ask for more help later on  this is the first time im doing something like this
    #29367 Quote

thanks to both of you guy ill probley ask for more help later on this is the first time im doing something like this

No problem and myself and Kurst are always readily available for anymore questions you may have.  I am part of the Events Dept staff and I have planned and ran multiple events myself.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#29380 Quote
    A-hem…

a con in rochester?  I am probably the most outspoken member of this community who also has the unfortunate circumstance of living in Rochester. lets analyze this for a minute and make some assumptions.. Lets assume the following;

-we get funded/come up with the money

-we successfuly plan/contract a venue with the required assets to do something like this

– We drum up the interest/attendance to warrant something like this (which is extremely unlikely) people cant be bothered to drive 5 miles out of their way for a gathering Unless it makes some huge promises.

Rochester is “destination med center” which means the vast majority of the population /tourism is sick/old or old and sick people. (Or the doctors that care of them) thats why the city wont issue a permit to run any establishment besides a sports bar, or an olive garden. Rochester…has ZERO social outlets. thats the way they like it, thats the way they will keep it. We have ZERO night clubs, ZERO strip clubs, ZERO themed or imaginative resteraunts, and ZERO locations that will willingly cater to the community. in a town of 120,000 ppl + thats pretty sad…

Now.. It is possible that we force create a presence here as “furries” and start doing social events however, i count a total of 7 furries in roch/area… That includes you darkness and myself..  Pretty sad really. So no, we really dont have the local representation to form a “rochester” chapter, and i would not recommend doing so. (Why? Because Rochester does not deserve it. They are wayyy too narrow minded, closed off, and biggoted to consider  advertising or “winning” the respect of as a furry.)

so lets do a con/gathering/hotel meet what have you.. Ill help out the best i can. (Even patrol it in uniform with ears and a tail) but be prepared to have the party crashed (over and over and over, yeah i know, i worked security for pride festival when they tried to have one here and it was a “refugee” disaster, and you better be in bed with the lights out by 11 PM or somones gonna cry until all the geese fly away.

#29381 Quote
    Like Cencewolf said, Rochester doesn’t do much other than med. I too, live in the area and I can agree with Cence, it would be really hard to find a spot for a gathering let alone a con. Maybe doing something small, like just a gathering or hangout with the furs in the area, and see how that goes. Maybe even a picnic would be a possibility. Cons are huge, and I don’t think rochester would like that too much until we’ve had at least a couple other outings. But, if you think we could really make this work, count me in and I can help as much as I can.

Carry on my wayward son, they'll be peace when you are done...

#29382 Quote
    cance wolf is there some way we talk  to mybe have a get to gather with the small group of furries in our area

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.