Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Casting Call for the next Furry Migration Promo Video – Be a Star!

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Furry Migration 2015 Furry Migration General Discussions Casting Call for the next Furry Migration Promo Video – Be a Star!

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Bee.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    The Convention is only a few months away, and although we posted an initial video up showing the hotel we want to do another promotional video to help promote the Con. And this is where we need YOUR help.

I’m opening the next video up for community involvement and that’s where I need your help. I need both Fursuiters and Crew to help me out.

For Suiters: I’m looking for 2-4 fursuit actors for the first video. I might be able to nudge this number higher if there is a real interest.

I prefer people who have not had a large role in our previous videos. If you just showed up for a breif second in the last year’s series (IE part of the “Herd”) I am not going to count that against you. However anyone with an active role in previous videos- I am going to put the new talent first. Full suits are preferred – I will still consider partials however.

For Crew: Something I learned last year is that it is very difficult to both Film AND Direct at the same time. To be effective I can only really do one of the two. Therefore I am looking people to either help me record and direct.

I plan to start filming the first and or second week in May. The goal is to have the video done by the weekend after the spring picnic.

If you are interested in helping out in Suiting, Handling, or being an assitant with Directing or Filming PM me here, reply to this thread, or e-mail me at yarrick @ mnfurs . org. I will coordinate locations and timing of Filming with people over E-mail and PMs.

Thanks!

Yarrick
    Photography and Videography head Furry Migration 2015

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#30675 Quote
    I’m interested in helping with the equipment. However, I don’t have much experience with filming or recording.

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#30676 Quote
    I don’t want to be a Star. Can I be a Star Lord? =D
    #30682 Quote
    I would be interested in suiting for the video, just depends on where and what days your available!
    #30683 Quote
    Incog- No problem. Depending on the type of shot it may be a simple matter of pushing the record button if the camera is on a tripod. At the very least I could use help in watching out for things off frame IE alerting me if we are about to get interupted by a bystander so I can cut and plan to re-frame the scene. Or even just another set of eyes to review the footage and make sure we have what we need on scene can help quite a bit.

Pixel – Filming will happen sometime between May 4th and May 17th. Once I have a cast established (I already have 3 interested including you so its off to a good start!) I’ll start PMing people to find out a date and a general area of the metro that works for everyone for driving distance, etc.

Once I have an area I will scout out for the actual filming location (unless I have a specific location in mind to fit the theme IE Downtown) and we’ll go from there 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Yarrick.
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Yarrick.

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#30705 Quote
    I would love to fursuit for you guys. Once you get a date down I’ll see about my work situation. 🙂
    #30709 Quote
    Alright cool! Just let me know! It’d have to either be a Wednesday or a Saturday for me.
    #30712 Quote
    Then in that case, sure I’ll help out. Also, Wednesday’s  is an excellent time for me as well as are Thursday and evenings on weekends. Though I can change that if need be if I have a weeks notification.

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#30735 Quote
    Pixel, Incog- I’ll be working out the details of a shooting date and letting people know soon 🙂

#30736 Quote
    I have all the Fursuit Actors I need. I’ll be contacting those who replied shortly! I can use alternates but know that the main cast for this video is set. We may still do another video before the convention this summer- we’ll see how it goes! Thanks guys!

I still can use a few more to help out as crew. I also need a “Narrator” voice. This voice will have a few important spoken lines but will not be seen on screen. For this I prefer a male and someone who has a very clear, Monotone if possible, voice. If this interests you specifically send me a PM!

#30767 Quote
    I can give the voice a shot. People now and again say I have a very matter of fact voice.

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#30789 Quote
    I want to be in the video! 😀
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.