Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Fursuit romp at the Coon Rapids Dam Park.

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions Fursuit romp at the Coon Rapids Dam Park.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    No idea if this goes here or not.. so feel free to scold me if it’s in the wrong place XD.

I am just wondering who all would be interested in a fursuit romp here in Coon Rapids. I went to the park there a few days ago, and they have multiple gazebos with picnic tables and grills, a huge playground, lots of trails along the Mississippi river, and alot of parking space. Awesome for taking photos too. This would be on a Saturday,  preferably sometime around noon. I’m mobile so I can’t pull up a satellite image of the area.

Let me know who all is interested!  I’ve suited down there once before and I had alot of nice people come up to me wanting pictures taken! Lol.

#30058 Quote
    Second. I live in the area too and the dam/park has a really nice large pavilion with restrooms/fire pit/playground  .There are also many locations that would be excellent backdrops for photoshoots. I think the visitor center also has classrooms with A/C that we might be able to use as a staging area. I can also post somepics later this week.  Note, the dam itself is closed until late June/ early July for construction.
    #30059 Quote
    I had taken alot of photos of the area, they are all on my twitter account as pixelcorgi .

I’m okay with the bridge over the dam being closed, personally because the mist that comes off from the water is really gross smelling water lol. Wouldn’t want that on my fur!

I was thinking of maybe turning it into a fursuit romp and have people bring some kind of food too, so we could maybe have a small picnic type thing ? Might aswell since there’s plenty of space haha.

#30062 Quote
    I need to get my Anoka county parks pass renewed this year so I can ride the bike trails out there and some other places, like bunker hills.  So will just have to see about things on your idea there Pixel.  🙂
    #30063 Quote
    Yeah! I’m going to be getting a seasonal pass since I go there quite often… it’s only 5 minutes from my house haha.

Daily passes are 5 dollars, and seasonal passes are 25.

Who all would be interested in doing this next saturday? I think even if the romp doesn’t work out for next saturday I’ll probably go suiting there and cause shenanigans anyways hehe :3

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by PixelCorgi.
    #30067 Quote
    I’m not a fursuiter but although I’m highly interested in getting one. So if anyone can fill me in on who makes some good ones let me know and what’s it like. Anyways, I want to comment on what Pixel said, Anoka county park passes are also good at all Washington and Dakota county parks as well.

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#30068 Quote
    It all depends on what style of suits you like, toony, realistic, etc… also depends on your price range.

Mischief makers made my suit.. they were wonderful to work with and I only had to wait 5 months for mine to be made / sent to me.

#30075 Quote
    My interest is peaked.  *Ears perk up*

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#30080 Quote
    Pixel: Were you thinking this Saturday the 4th (Drake’s Sushi Gathering & Easter weekend ) or Next Saturday the 11th (Machine Shed meet)?

Drake: Since you’ve set up a lot of events, when you set up things like this do you usually call ahead to the park/city whatever to let them know what we’re going to be doing?

#30083 Quote

Drake: Since you’ve set up a lot of events, when you set up things like this do you usually call ahead to the park/city whatever to let them know what we’re going to be doing?

With something like this, especially if there are lots of people, families, & kids, it never hurts to do this.  When I have done romps in public parks in the past, I have called ahead and explained to the park staff what we are doing.  Most parks are fine with it and it gives them the heads up.  A lot of parks also have park security…This can be interesting sometimes as some officers may question what is going on.  If so, simply explain what is going on and that you have spoken to the park staff…I only bring this situation up because it has happened to me in the past.

It is also good to know what the park ordinances are for awareness purposes…You do not need to know them by heart since you are not doing a picnic there, but just so you know the things to do and what not to do.

Let me know if you have any other questions!  🙂

Pixel, when are you planning on hosting this?  Do you also plan on having it MNFurs-hosted?  Just curious is all.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#30084 Quote
    Drake: That’s kind of what I figured.  Yarrick, Innouva and I were talking about shelter rentals after the romp today and I found the park regs while looking at rental prices for possible future events (ex Picnic) and there was a section about masks and concealment (we should be fine) but I figured I should ask someone who’s dealt with that kind of stuff just so we don’t accidentally become <i>fursonae non gratae.</i>

Pixel: This is your event, but if you need/want help with anything let me know.

#30085 Quote
    Buckeye – No problem 🙂

Pixel – I am always available with questions and if you need assistance with anything, I can check my schedule

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#30095 Quote
    Well your suit looks great and I think think I will look into them.

I'm just a Hodgepodge.

#30121 Quote
    I’m a little out of the loop on all the events going on, but I think I’d prefer it to be on a weekend where there isn’t much going on.. if we did it on the 11th, the same day as the machine shed,  how much interest do you guys think there would be ? I’m perfectly fine with anyone helping me out with planning this! I just really think the Coon rapids dam would be an awesome place to have a romp at.

I think it’d be really cool to have it MNfurs hosted, too. 🙂 Maybe if this goes well the first time,  we could do this more then once.

#30123 Quote

I think I’d prefer it to be on a weekend where there isn’t much going on.. if we did it on the 11th, the same day as the machine shed, how much interest do you guys think there would be ?

I am sure the interest will be there as it’s an opportunity for people to be out in suit.

First thing I see as a potential challenge here is distances…I say distances because that Saturday is the alternate meet at the Machine Shed in Lake Elmo (east metro).  I checked the distance from the park to the Machine Shed and it’s 35-40 minutes if traffic is decent.  Just something to think about since this would be two events on the same day.  Ever thought about having this on a Sunday?

Another suggestion I will make, if you decide to do it on that day, is schedule it to end between 3:00-4:00.  This allows proper time for people to travel to the alternate meet.  We also do not want this to overlap with any portion of the time frame surrounding the alternate meet.

Lastly, if you decide to have it on the 11th, this is going to be short notice.  This means that we will need an event submission tonight or ASAP tomorrow so we can get it up to be advertised.  Sometimes advertising events short notice can be tough as some people cannot schedule/reschedule around their work and/or personal lives.  Again, something to think about.  🙂

This is a lot of information at once, but am sharing all of this for piece of mind.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.