Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Ingress – Researching Interest, Please Inquire!

Home Forums Events Ingress – Researching Interest, Please Inquire!

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hey everyone!

I’ve been pondering the possibility of starting up a monthly get-together of Ingress players to meet up downtown for a sort of makeshift Anomaly of our own.  Possibly the first Sunday of every month starting in the Spring, unless weather allows for earlier.  Right now however, I’m seeking out other people who play, and who might want to connect and go capture some portals and create a fielding team.

For everyone else, what is Ingress you’re asking?  Check this link out: http://ingress.wikia.com/wiki/Ingress

TL;DR version: Think of a gigantic game of capture the flag, or king of the hill, where the playing field is the entire surface of the Earth; an augmented reality geocaching RPG of sorts.  You are on one of two faction teams, and you’re trying to capture and control as much of that total land area as possible.  It requires a mobile device, and a fair bit of travel, but it’s also possible to do on foot in areas like downtown that are rich with targets.

If you are interested, leave a message here, or contact me on FA or Telegram by the same.  If you have not yet signed up to play, wait and contact me first to assist (I get perks for helping you sign up!), and we can connect to get the ball rolling.  My grand goal is to have a monthly regional meetup with people from the surrounding areas.  There are hundreds of Ingress players in the Twin Cities area, but I’d love to give furs their own space to run too!

Thanks!

#34382 Quote
    Trying to get the recruit badge I see. I play as well on the resistance ign wubstepbrony. My main play area is eau clairewisconsin but I do hit the cities every couple of months. But I definetly wouldn’t mind getting together to play

#34396 Quote
    Sounds a little Shadowrunny, pretty cool!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#34397 Quote
    @ Sauce & Crescent

It’s great fun!  Downtown Minneapolis is such a great location for an even playing field, that I think it’d be fun to split off into two teams, and work through the city for several hours.  Record everyone’s AP before and after to work as a scoring method at the end, and just do it all for fun!

I’m definitely going to work out some thoughts as to how I’d run the game for a day.

#34398 Quote
    Have you heard of first Saturday. Basically what you are planning but  ninatic sponsored. There have been a couple first Saturday events in the cities already. So what team do you play for and what is your ign.

#34399 Quote

Have you heard of first Saturday. Basically what you are planning but ninatic sponsored. There have been a couple first Saturday events in the cities already. So what team do you play for and what is your ign.

Precisely the kind of thing I’m thinking of doing, but for furs!  It’d be like a geeky team romp for local area furs.  Call it “Furst Sunday” or something event.  xD

#34403 Quote
    It’d be fun to have a group to get back into doing this with. 🙂
    #34411 Quote
    I tend to go run around downtown every Friday lately with Shadowquine, and stomp some from portals.  Sorry to any frogs out there, I’m a proud smurf since day 1.  The whole area is very balanced between factions though, so I think it would make for good battle grounds.

Think: Everyone meets up and then splits into their faction team.  The two teams then split and go separate ways to do as much hacking and portal capturing as possible, then everyone meets back up at the starting point (with 15 minutes overrun in case they get side-tracked).  Scoring might be a challenge, but I’m thinking able it that as I go along.  No real prizes or anything, just for fun and leveling and AP-hoarding.  It’s also a great activity for farming resources and rare items.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.