Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

July 4th 2016, where to this year?

Home Forums Events July 4th 2016, where to this year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Okay, July fourth is coming up fast.  Anyone have some ideas of where and so forth?

I grew up in the town of Delano, MN and they have had the oldest and generally the largest parade in the state.  There is a town park where a carnival usually sets up.  Number of ball games played.  As well as some other associated events.  I have to admit, sadly, that this area might not take to well to the fury theme, and costumes even less so.  But on the bright side there is the Lake Rebeca State Park a short was to the north East.  Lots of open grounds, lake with a swimming beach, picnic areas, long hiking trails and more.  You will need a park permit to enter though.

And as much as I would like to host a party at my mothers farm, I don’t think she would might take to well to the fury aspect coherently.  (I haven’t told her about my Furyism as of yet, and don’t think it would go well)

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by MephitMark.
    #41567 Quote
    Not sure myself.  CONvergence ends on the 3rd so I’ll be free to do something, but I’m that age where knowledge of the traffic post pretty explosions outweighs the desire to go out of my way to see them.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#41572 Quote
    I would try and put something together, but I am out of town that entire weekend

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#41577 Quote
    Yeah the July 4th weekend is always a double hit in the community.

Locally we have Convergence  which is a fairly big con in the local community.  People do fursuit/hang out there.

Of course this is the same weekend of Anthrocon and some locals do go out to that.  So we have a lot less people hanging around in the community.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#41579 Quote
    I’d love to do something but that’s the first night of my camping trip on the north shore (Temperance River State Park) with my girlfriend. We’re probly going to visit Grand Marias to see the fireworks there before enjoying 6 days of North shore seclusion 🙂
    #41580 Quote

We’re probly going to visit Grand Marias to see the fireworks there before enjoying 6 days of North shore seclusion 🙂

You two have fun as that is a beautiful area.  I have some relatives with a house on Lake Superior in the Grand Marais area.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#41607 Quote
    If people want, there is a parade near my house that just about anyone can attend, and I can reach out to the organizers about seeing if we could “walk” in it in suit.

EDIT: I just sent an e-mail to the organizers of the Afton parade asking about fursuits.  I hope to hear back from them shortly.  From what I read on their site, and what I recall from previous parades, they shouldn’t have an issue with it.

Also, I can borrow my dad’s truck and drive it in the parade for carrying water, candy, and people as you get warm/tired, so if you don’t want to walk very far, you can always ride in the bed of the truck.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Hikyuuri.
    #41612 Quote
    Hikyuuri – This sounds like fun and good luck on organizing this for people to attend.  I have never heard of this parade before, is it a smaller parade or a bigger one like St. Paul does over the winter?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41613 Quote
    I’m not sure how to classify its size.  Its a community one based out of Afton, MN.  I don’t think its that big, but I don’t see many parades.

There are definitely plenty of people who attend to watch, including kids.  There is a small park right along the route with attractions for children (bouncy castles, playground, etc), so both before and after the parade there is stuff to do.

#41614 Quote
    Ah okay just curious as I know bigger parades tend to want paperwork (ex. waiver form) filled out and submitted to whatever organization is running it…This will then bring up liability-related issues as well as other topics.  Something to think about about if it ends up coming to that.  If it’s more community-based then perhaps it’s smaller, but I am not overly familiar with that area.  If it’s as simple as asking with this one and getting approval then good luck with everything of course.  🙂

I will suggest having a co-head if your work load ends up growing.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41615 Quote
    I already heard back!  They say that it is perfectly fine so long as it is family friendly.

No paperwork to sign, no fees, just show up.

#41616 Quote
    Oh cool, it will be fun to see some photos!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41653 Quote
    What hours will that parade run?  It would be nice to see how it goes.  And if the timing is right, perhaps I could get a chance to see it as well.
    #41698 Quote

I’m not sure how to classify its size. Its a community one based out of Afton, MN. I don’t think its that big, but I don’t see many parades.

For those wondering, Afton’s is probably the smallest parade I’ve seen/been in. The route is quite short as well: down main street, back up main street. It’s a fun little community, and there’s an ice cream parlor. Unless you get there very early, expect to park some distance away on the street and hike in.

#41789 Quote
    Working….hope you folks have fun….

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.