Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs at Como Zoo’s 2014 ZooBoo

Home Forums Events MNFurs at Como Zoo’s 2014 ZooBoo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    It’s almost that time of year again! Como Zoo is gearing up for their annual ZooBoo event, and so are we – this is a great opportunity for MNFurs to contribute to the community and have fun doing it!

If you’re not familiar, ZooBoo offers a way for younger children to experience Halloween by providing a safe and less scary alternative to traditional trick-or-treating. All proceeds benefit the Como Zoo and Conservatory.

For those who have participated in the past, please note that in the interest of furthering our relationship with the folks at Como, we’ll be handling the organization of the event a bit differently this year. Please use the MNFurs ZooBoo signup form if you’d like to participate. Both fursuiters and handlers are needed!

Here are the 2014 dates — plan on arriving around 3:30pm and staying until 9pm. If you’re planning to attend or have any questions, don’t hesitate to let us know!

Saturday, October 18
    Sunday, October 19

Friday, October 24
    Saturday, October 25
    Sunday, October 26

Edit: Registration is now closed. Thanks to all who signed up!

If you haven’t previously attended ZooBoo, you’ll also need to attend an orientation. Please review the dates on the form and make sure to sign up at least a week before the scheduled orientation date!

——-

Updates as of 10/13/14:

• Everyone should have received an email from MNFurs confirming the dates and role(s) you signed up for. If your availability has changed or you have questions, please respond to the email ASAP. If you have not received an email please let us know.
    • Everyone should be receiving their packets/parking passes in the mail by the end of this week, if you haven’t already.
    #25471 Quote
    Parking is such a problem at Como — will there be ways that we can carpool over there?

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#25472 Quote
    You know I will be there!  *Wags*

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#25473 Quote

Parking is such a problem at Como — will there be ways that we can carpool over there?

I know it doesn’t answer the carpooling question, but ZooBoo volunteers are generally provided with a parking pass. The park closes early on those days to prepare, so if you’re getting there around 3:30-4pm parking shouldn’t be an issue.

#25475 Quote
    Me and Shadow are already registered with Como for ZooBoo as of 2 days ago.  We will be attending on the 18th and the 25th, both the saturdays.

Looks like i will have to keep an eye out on here to see what these changes will be from the last 2 years we have been doing this.

For anyone that registers to go to ZooBoo, Como will mail you out a parking pass as Ringer has said, this will put people in the wolf lot, I would recommend that people have a 2 Wheeler or luggage trolley to transport their Totes into the building as it is a bit of a walk to the main building from that parking lot.

Looking forward to seeing who all is there this year.  🙂

#25476 Quote

Me and Shadow are already registered

Thanks for the reminder…I just registered.

I will be a handler as I have done this traditionally for the past couple of years.

REGISTER HERE:  [removed – registration is now closed]

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Kurst Hyperyote.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Ringer. Reason: Added correct link
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Ringer.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#25478 Quote

Me and Shadow are already registered

Thanks for the reminder…I just registered.

Registration for ZooBoo is being handled differently this year.

We will have instructions and link for how to register in the next few days. If you sign up directly through ZooBoo you may not be part of the MNFurs group.

So please wait for further details.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#25479 Quote

Registration for ZooBoo is being handled differently this year.

We will have instructions and link for how to register in the next few days. If you sign up directly through ZooBoo you may not be part of the MNFurs group.

So please wait for further details.

Yes, as Kurst said: PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER ON THE COMO WEBSITE. We will be posting a link to the proper form in the near future.

#25481 Quote

PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER ON THE COMO WEBSITE

Oops…..When/if I get a call from Como, I will have to explain that I am with the group.

If I get no call by the middle of October, I will call back myself…Either way I will deal with it.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#25484 Quote
    Hey, I’d like to go, but I don’t drive up there — anyone able to meet me in Eagan or some place like that so I could carpool with them?

The only day I am NOT available is the 18th.

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#25541 Quote
    Great news –

The ZooBoo form is live at [removed – registration is now closed]

If you are interested in volunteering – sign up today.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Ringer.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#25546 Quote
    You mean to say that the link and Email that como sent out to prior volunteers is not correct for getting registered?

I am dealing with the same people i did last year when I registered.  Am a little confused here.

Me and Shadow are signed up to be there the 18th and the 25th, both the Saturdays.

#25547 Quote

You mean to say that the link and Email that como sent out to prior volunteers is not correct for getting registered?
    I am dealing with the same people i did last year when I registered. Am a little confused here.

Me and Shadow are signed up to be there the 18th and the 25th, both the Saturdays.

Yes, that is correct. MNFurs is handling our group’s registration and scheduling this year at Como’s request, so only the link provided above should be used.

#25560 Quote

If you are interested in volunteering – sign up today.

I am registered…Like a boss!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#25569 Quote
    Not sure I’m gonna do it this year.  Maybe I need some convincing lol.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.