Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Owatana Bowling? Anyfur up for it?

Home Forums Events Owatana Bowling? Anyfur up for it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Im thinking of Hosting an event with Caxir, and before we can reserve and talk with the managers of the bowling alley about lane reservations and such, we want to know how many people would think of showing up!

this venue has lazer tag, an arcade, and a bowling area. Aswell as a grill and bar.

heres the address!

Spare Time Entertainment
    333 18th St. SE
    Owatonna, Minnesota 55060

please set down in the rsvp or in the comments if you would be interested. This is NOT the official post for the event!

#45717 Quote
    Yes! Yes I would! I would love to do that!
    #45720 Quote
    I would be but it all depends on the date.
    #45721 Quote
    Same here!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#45722 Quote
    It would most likely take place on a Saturday or Sunday!
    #45726 Quote
    i would love to do more things like this but i dont drive and currently have no job so its difficult for me to do things like this. if i hadnt lost my job due to medical issues i would just get a cab or something and come with and have a blast but as it is now i cant even afford food so hopefully once i get a job again i can start being more active in the community god knows i need it.
    #45728 Quote
    This was just a spur-of-the-moment kind of idea that was thought up and was brought to Drake’s attention. He wanted us to see if enough people’d be interested to get the idea off the ground and eventually gain enough momentum to get the green light from him and make it an official MNFurs community member-based event.

Another side note here with matter’s of the venue; it MAY be fursuit friendly like bowling back in November at Super Bowl. Blasco has also sent an Email about this matter to the manager and is currently awaiting a response back regarding fursuit permissions at the location so keep your paws crossed!

If it turns out to be a no-no however, we can still bowl and hang out regardless. I’m sure the business will be appreciated either way and we can have just as much fun without fursuits.

The floofiest Dutchie there ever was

#45733 Quote
    Pfft just as much fun without fursuits he says xD fursuits make everything funner =P but fun is fun am i right?
    #45739 Quote

This was just a spur-of-the-moment kind of idea that was thought up and was brought to Drake’s attention.

Looks like you are getting interest with this based on responses and the clicks of the RSVP buttons and that makes me happy.  Another thing that will be nice about this event, if you two decide to plan/host it, is that it’s close to Highway 14 so I am sure some of the Mankato furs will be interested in this.

For most in the cities in and around the 494/694 loop, this will be a drive for some…Especially on the northern end of the metro.  That being said, carpooling is a recommended option!

For the venue itself, if fursuits (costumes or costume performing when you call) are not allowed, that is totally fine…Don’t let that be a make or break factor.  This venue will still be fun with no suits as well.

I spoke to Blasco too before this post so if you both have further questions, please let me know.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#45740 Quote

This was just a spur-of-the-moment kind of idea that was thought up and was brought to Drake’s attention.

Another thing that will be nice about this event, if you two decide to plan/host it, is that it’s close to Highway 14 so I am sure some of the Mankato furs will be interested in this. ~ Drake M.

Yeah I was looking at it for that reason, it actually a fairly easy drive from here.

What can be so dangerous in a world where so many people are smiling?

chaoticravings.com

#45741 Quote

Yeah I was looking at it for that reason, it actually a fairly easy drive from here.

Wonderful, glad to hear it Matt!

Again, good luck Blasco and Cax.  Let me know if you have any further questions or need any additional assistance!  🙂

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#45795 Quote
    So I managed to contact the location and talked with one of the associates for a good 15 minutes and this is what I got so far:

Fursuiting according to the individual I spoke with is deemed to be okay as long as its family friendly and doesn’t interfere with other individuals. He left a note for his manager and will hopefully call me with official confirmation, but for the time being fursuiting is looking to be a go!

There is a group form on the site which needs to be filed with both a date and a time, so for a weekend event they’re open as late as 1 AM much like the one bowling event back in November. I should hear back with confirmation within a week of posting when a date is settled on.

Otherwise as far as prices go; $2 games and shoe rentals on Sundays and $3 game and shoe rentals on Saturday. Laser tag goes as far as $7 per person for an 8-12 minute game. Food and beverages will be as advertised when we get there or you can look ahead on their site, ( http://spare-time-fun.com/ ).

Otherwise everything is coming along rather nicely. Spread the word and see if this is something your friends might be interested in doing if they’re in the area. they may or may not have seen this thread yet!

More updates to come when an official time and date are set!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Caxir.

The floofiest Dutchie there ever was

#45806 Quote

So I managed to contact the location and talked with one of the associates for a good 15 minutes

Awesome, keep up the good work!

I am looking forward to seeing where this goes and plan on attending once this is a go.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#45807 Quote
    Well it is a 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hr drive from where I currently am but what day is it going to be ?
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Redamon.
    #45809 Quote
    I like this idea but can only give a maybe for now. I already split half my saturdays with a LARP group and work is asking me more and more often to be the driver coordinator on weekend nights as well. So.. if the stars align that I can make this, I would love to. Events popping up like this are why I joined this forums, to keep an eye out for events I can attend to keep meeting new people.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.