Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Roommates and Travel Arrangements

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Werecamp 2019 Roommates and Travel Arrangements

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Want to carpool/ride share? Find a roomie or several?
    #54887 Quote
    I’m planning on coming for one or two days as I live less than an hour away from this event.

EDIT; I’m going to be volunteering there all weekend! Got excited and just registered a few days ago

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Hrtfltruth.

Life wasn’t meant to end easy, it’s meant for you to come screeching on your rear to the golden gates saying “Wow! What a ride!”

#54996 Quote
    So here are some particulars everyone should know.

Travel during daylight hours.  the campsite is secluded in a valley and the plowed dirt road is navigable but unlight.  With snow/ice and lack of light, we had a few vehicles get stuck in a ditch when trying to drive at night.  Getting a tow truck out there is very expensive someone discovered.   Plan to arrive/leave before 7pm at very latest.

Reminder, You will need to parking permit per car arriving which can be purchased at the main office. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/permit.html
    We highly suggest traveling to main Visitor center before 5pm to first to get parking permit and get directions to campsite as it can be hard to find, and hazardous in the dark.    Direction to the Main visitor center is here:  https://www.google.com/maps/dir//44.062919,-92.043204/@44.0625388,-92.1134412,12z
    You can get parking permit in morning if you arrive after 5pm but you must do that as they open at 9am.  Park service will make use aware of any non-stickered vehicles and MNfurs does not wish to have any problems with the DNR.
    As for rooms, there are 2 pricing models.
    80$ gets you registration and meals for the entire weekend, but like camp you will be randomly assigned bunks (possibly top or bottom).   Each wing is 4 double bunks so you will be sharing a common space with up to 8 other furs.  Try to be respectful of each other and try to clean up as a unit Sunday.
    Some people desired a bit more control so we offered another option: 4 people can each pay 100$ and Buy the same wing. It can be just the 4 initial people or they can also invite/include up to 4 additional people in their area(normal 80$ for these people).  No one needs to be on the top bunk if they do not want to and this arrangement more resembles renting a hotel room at a convention.  Just remember your group still collectively is responsible for clean up Sunday night and we will note all the members of the 4 -8 group if they leave their wing messy.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Procyon.
    #55170 Quote
    So I’m quite interested and It would be my first furry event. Although I’m hesitant to just room with strangers. So I plan to pay the extra for group rooming. But In that case, I need people to group with. I’m 18 turning 19 before the event comes around and really I’d just prefer to be rooming with people within a similar age range. (Like within 10 years) Shoot me a message if you’re interested I guess.
    #55171 Quote
    I’m planning on attending this event this year and I would like to get to know people so I don’t room with people i don’t know ^^’
    I’m 18 and it will be my first 18+ event. I’m planning on paying the $80 option but maybe I can get to know people just in case I end up rooming with em :3
    #55172 Quote
    and I thought I was an extrovert
    #55175 Quote
    Howdy, I have a group planning on coming and we only have 4 of us and we’re cool with having more join if anyone wants to. we’ve got Two males, 19&21, one trans guy, 20, and a female 19. We’re all p friendly although a lil socially awkward hence why we travel in a pack. But again if someone wants to join our group we’re all good with it.
    #55178 Quote
    Yeah that seems like a pretty cool band to join. My telegrams @arsonking if youd prefer to message me there.
    #55539 Quote
    I will be heading down mid day on Thursday March 7 and returning midday Monday March 11 and have 1 seat available in my car.  You will be there for the 2 additional nights as staff so please be willing to help with set up and cleanup of event.  On plus side, this will entitle you to semi private bunk room for staff.  Contact me if you want to take that seat.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.