Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– September Check-In –

Home Forums Off Topics and Site Maintance Off topic – September Check-In –

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    – SEPTEMBER CHECK-IN –

Hey there, your Events fox here and it has been a while.  It is September and I am just checking in with everyone and how is everyone doing?  How is the rest of your September going?

Things have been quiet around here ever since the pandemic took over.  We’ve had to cancel all of our in-person events and we’ve only had some small virtual events.  October is soon to be around the corner and we are trying to see if we can do an Oval fur meet.  The Oval still allows events with a more smaller attendance cap, but my staff contact has given us guidelines to follow so we are trying to see what we can make work…Obviously the worse case is this one also gets cancelled.

Lastly, Fall is coming to us soon and the pandemic is still effecting us all.  Your Events fox wants you all to be safe, be healthy, keep practicing good social distancing, & wear a mask.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#58239 Quote

my september is going really well  i wish we had an event to go to but we would have split up in groups of 5 or 10  im still looking for a place to move to

sparky

#58240 Quote
    September is going quite well for me… Even though I’m not scare acting for a local haunted attraction this year. I’ve mainly been focusing on the weekly dad joke videos in TikTok that get reposed to Instagram and Twitter.

TikTok: @Talyn90

Instagram (Not much traction here yet): talyn90official

Twitter (not much action here!): @Talyn_Drekkubus

I really missed going to conventions like Furry Migration this year.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by TaLyn.
    #58242 Quote
    Things have been going okay for me so far on this September. Been trying to keep everything cool, calm, and collective despite of everything that’s going on in the world and of some life issues as well. But, so far other than that, I’m trying to handle it well I believe.
    #58243 Quote
    Despite this being a rare time where I actually log in and say anything at all these days. I appreciate the asking and check-up. Isn’t really enough people checking on those around them at times during this. Feelings of isolation suck. But yeah, things have been mostly alright. Get out with a friend or two from time to time. Have seen a couple movies even, visited Jim’s Apple Farm last weekend. Mostly just sitting and playing games otherwise. Roughly 50 days until the next game I care about comes out. Just hoping my computer will be good and ready for it. Worried I should drop money and upgrade a couple more things. >.> Anyway, yeah. Hope all others are well. I know I lack a presence here anymore but maybe I’ll change that somewhere in the future.
    #58244 Quote
    Things for me have been a heccin rollercoaster! I had to move during the start of the pandemic into my place in April, I was still considered essential at my new place so that’s nice. I’ve been busy making sure friends and family are doing alright and visiting those who are being driven nuts by the social distancing. I’ve since taken up rock climbing with a few other furry friends and riding my motorcycle a lot more

I appreciate the check in and updates!

Stay safe everyone! we’ll be back to normal soon, hopefully.

Life wasn’t meant to end easy, it’s meant for you to come screeching on your rear to the golden gates saying “Wow! What a ride!”

#58246 Quote
    Sparky – Glad to hear it’s going okay and yeah me too…Pandemic has shutdown in-person events.  However, still trying to see if we can do an Oval fur meet later in October, but we will see.

TaLyn – Stay safe at your local haunted attraction and glad your month is going well.

Innouva – You are welcome and I am now planning on doing more checking in with the community in the coming months.

Yeah the isolation with the pandemic has, I am sure I can speak for all or most, been effecting us all…I know I’ve been through the ups and downs with it.  I also have a friends I visit when I can while practicing safe measures.

There is a movie I want to see in November, but then need to decide if I want to risk going to a theater heh.

I have a PC game I started back in April and stopped and one I started last week…I need to get into more gaming now that it is slowing becoming colder outside.  Some point I want to update my motherboard as my only newest component is my graphics card.  My rig still gets the job done though so do not feel like dropping any $ right now.

Oh cool, where is Jim’s Apple Farm at?  I am curious.  =)

Lastly, good to hear from you and hopefully in the near future we can get everyone back to events physically, but time will tell of course.

Truth – I hope your move back in April went okay and yeah being essential is good and keeps you employed.  I am very thankful the pandemic left me unscathed…As a matter of fact, I became more busy.

Checking in with friends and family is important and yeah the pandemic with all attached guidelines is driving us all crazy heh.

Rock climbing sounds fun, need to try sometime.  I know there are a couple of venues around the twin cities where you can do this.

You are welcome, will plan to check in with the community next month sometime!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#58252 Quote
    I thought I posted this but it didn’t show up… if it double-posts, I’ll just edit/delete. XD

Drake -Jim’s Apple Farm (Or Barn, I always forget which lol) is in Jordan, MN. The big yellow candy barn place. Really fun if you’ve never been out there and have some spare cash (no cards) to burn on candy, soda, and various other things. Place can get busy though, so I advise a weekeday. They close for the season on Nov 29th too and re-open in May sometime.

And yeah, things have been a rollercoaster on many levels for me too.

Just keeping busy with a couple games and waiting on Cyberpunk 2077 in Novemember. I ‘think’ my aging PC will be fine. But, like you, my aging motherboard and processor might be a problem. Will have to see. I can run most games on mid-high settings and many on very high, so…

As for the theater thing:  I’ve seen 2 movies since some places reopened. They’re keeping people separate with multiple seats in-between as well as protective walls in some of the nicer ones. Had no issues really. Unfortunately many movies I want to see are now delayed until at least next year. But oh well.

I’m not in a huge rush to get back to things, tbh. Safety comes first but maybe something small can happen again at some point.

#58253 Quote
    Innouva – Oh right, that place!  Last time I was there it was with Fir, I need to go there again sometime heh.

Let me know how Cyberpunk is, holding off on that one till I read reviews on it first.  I still need to finish Doom Eternal and recently purchased Crysis Remastered.

Last movie I saw in theaters was Knives Out when it released last year during the end of the summer I believe…Good movie if you have never seen it.  I want to see the new James Bond movie in November, but we will see as I am still unsure about theaters with the pandemic.

Yep safety is always first in the ongoing pandemic.  Like I mentioned in my initial post, we’ll see if we can make an Oval fur meet in October work, but there are still a lot of red flags on my end with it.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#58254 Quote

Things have been going okay for me so far on this September. Been trying to keep everything cool, calm, and collective despite of everything that’s going on in the world and of some life issues as well. But, so far other than that, I’m trying to handle it well I believe.

Forgot to add you to my last big reply, sorry about that!

Glad you are doing okay and today is now October 1 so I hope your start of the month goes well too.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#58257 Quote
    Drake – Definitely. Am usually pretty vocal about my game likes and dislikes. But I haven’t been as hyped about a game as this in a long time. Expectations are at “moderate” instead of my usual “low” because I have faith in CD Projekt Red to make a good game. Time will tell. 🙂

I still haven’t seen Knives Out. Heard good things though.  On my list of “keep meaning to see, but then I forget.” XD

Anyway, will stop spamming here. I’m easy to contact if you feel you want to. Not that I know what all to chat about at times but the offer is there. lol

#58261 Quote
    I have been good. A lot more online gaming, and VR gaming / exploring VR platforms, etc. Im not huge into VRChat but its been fun to play around in.

Furry Migration Staff (Video Head & Digital Signage) & MNFurs President.

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#58262 Quote
    Innouva – Great movie and it was on Amazon Prime for a while, but not sure if it’s still there.  See it when you can!

Rico – Fun fun and I still remember playing Lucky’s Tale in VR, I had to either take motion sickness medicine prior or play in spurts lol

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.