Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– The Volunteers –

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    – HELLO EVERYONE! –

Hey there, your friendly Events fox again!  As you all know the Spring Picnic is getting closer and with that I want to talk about volunteer opportunities.  There will be plenty of times where volunteers may and/or will be necessary…For example, we need help for pre-setup, picking things up during (ex. Garbage), and post-picnic tear down.  This is always a need as it has been at our past picnics.  Volunteers are the bread and butter of any event!

There is going to be a long-term and more fine-tuned process in the future for volunteer hour tracking, but in the meantime, I will have sign-in sheets with me at the picnic.  For anyone that is assisting from small tasks to bigger tasks, I want to make sure that your time is accounted for and documented.  Whether it’s 30 minutes of your time or 2 hours, I want to make sure you get that time.  All time put in by our volunteers goes towards your 20!

Also, for those already assisting at a much greater capacity (ex. Co-Heads + other positions), your time will be documented as well!

For those of you that do not know me just ask for Drake at the picnic and someone will point you in my direction.  🙂

For further questions/concerns please feel free to post here or e-mail [email protected]

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#40738 Quote
    Count me in!

=^..^=

• Furry Migration- Programming Division Lead
    • MN Furs- Events Department Staff
    #40739 Quote
    I’d like to help, too! Sign me up!

-Robin

I believe that wonder is the insight to discovering more of the world than we can ever imagine possible.

#40744 Quote
    You got it, thanks Vulan and Robin!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#41111 Quote
    Hey everyone! I am one of the co-heads for the picnic this time around, and I am looking forward to working with the volunteers helping out with the setup and teardown!

For those of you helping out with setup, we would like you to arrive at the picnic site at 10AM on picnic morning. Tasks that will need to be done will include setting up the potluck food area (mmmm, Om Noms…), setting up the grill that is being brought in, getting our MNFurs banner in place and other smaller tasks to help prepare the shelter for the many furs that will be coming! I will also likely will need someone to help out with food wrangling for the first couple of hours, so the food is all grouped together and easy for all of us to find on the tables or counters.

For teardown at the end of the picnic, anyone that can stay and help would be greatly appreciated! For this we need to reset the tables back to where they were, clean off the leftover food and pick up trash around the shelter area, empty, clean and close up the kitchen, remove the banner, load up the grill, and help collect any lost items that furs may have left behind so our quartermaster can get them back to their rightful owners. The park has asked us to complete teardown and be off the park property no later than 10PM.

As mentioned above, Drake will be tracking vollunteer hours, so check in and out with him so you can get credit towards your hours.

On behalf of the MNFurs Spring Picnic Co Head team, (myself, Buckeye, and Drake) and our picnic chair Yarrick, Thanks very much in advance for your help and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Augie Doodle

Furry Migration Con Ops Staff (Wandering Host) - Fursuiter - MNFurs Volunteer

#41126 Quote
    If you still need volunteers, I can help with setup.

-Henrik

#41131 Quote

If you still need volunteers, I can help with setup. -Henrik

Appreciate it Henrik.  Can you show up on site around 10:00?

Thanks!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41134 Quote
    I should be able to help in some capacity.  Don’t know if I can necessarily make setup as rice balls need to be made fresh so I’ll be doing those in the morning but I’ll can try.

I’m a dark Jedi, there is totally a try.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#41136 Quote

I should be able to help in some capacity.

Okay cool, are you able to arrive around 10:00 on Saturday?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41145 Quote
    ” Don’t know if I can necessarily make setup as rice balls need to be made fresh so I’ll be doing those in the morning but I’ll can try.”

😛 I’ll do my best.  Actually, on that note, those of us making food for the picnic; do those hours count for volunteer?

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#41149 Quote

😛 I’ll do my best. Actually, on that note, those of us making food for the picnic; do those hours count for volunteer?

Thanks and I do not think so, but I can ask at the picnic.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41156 Quote
    Since I’m going to the picnic with robin I would like to help too :3
    #41158 Quote

Since I’m going to the picnic with robin I would like to help too :3

Sounds good, thanks Styrax!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41194 Quote
    – FRIENDLY REMINDER –

Hey there, your friendly Events fox here.  As a reminder for those volunteering for pre-setup tomorrow morning, please arrive at the park around 10:00a.

See everyone there!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussions For Spring Picnic’ is closed to new topics and replies.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.