Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Winter 2014 + Start of 2015 Events Discussion –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – Winter 2014 + Start of 2015 Events Discussion –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    – HELLO EVERYONE –

TL;DR – Yes this post will be long, but the information included may interest you.

This thread has been made to brainstorm and discuss potential ideas for winter of this year from start to the end of 2014…Then the start of 2015.

Why start up discussion so early?  Because discussing the future is important.  I would rather start up discussions early then have winter creep up and then we are wondering what to do…Granted people can come up with ideas, but brainstorming ahead of time keeps the ideas within the gears slowly turning.

As mentioned in my other thread, the Holiday Party will either be sometime late November, sometime December, or early January.  Also, the Holiday Party is now a MNFurs-sanctioned event.  No discussion posts have been made yet to discuss this, but I intend to post one sometime towards the end of September or start of October…Why?  Because I have some questions for the community I would like to hear feedback on for potential dates on when to have it.

Midwest FurFest has been moved to the start of December so I know a lot of our community will be there as well…I know I hope to be there !

After the Holiday Party I am going to plan and launch my 2015 Midwinter Party.  My first party was back in 2013 in February…We had an excellent turnout, plenty of food, games, and everyone had a great time.  I want to do this again since I could not do it last year due to the MNFurs Elections.

I believe FurSquared is in late February?

Looking in between, I am going to assume that we will try to be part of the Winter Carnival Parade like last winter in St. Paul.  Maybe some people want to launch their own type of event around the holidays or even for New Years Eve/Day.

I also plan to converse with Norm on maybe doing something at the Big Thrill Factory again.

As far as anything else in between what I have mentioned above, this is where the brainstorming and discussions can start.

I have some questions below…

Any questions on all that I have mentioned above?

What do you the community want to see happen in the winter season?

Do you have an idea and need assistance in planning it?

Is there anything you want changed in an event from last year that may happen this year?

Please brainstorm, discuss, ask questions, etc.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#25372 Quote
    We’ll I’d like to put it out there that a skiing / snowboard / tubing trip would be nice. Seems like it recieved enough attention to talk about atleast. Depending on how skilled people are we could hit highland & buck hill for starters. If it takes off perhaps Afton Alps after people are comfortable. However I would advise against wearing tails and such for the high risk of them breaking or being ruined from falls and such. But its your stuff not mine XD. All places I listed have rental ski and boarding gear for about 40-60$. The lift pass is like 20$ or less. This would be more of an activity rather then a sit down meet. So just voice your interest if you think this is a good idea.

Was thinking a good time would be around January-February.

Thanks for reading ^.^

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Skye.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Skye.

<("")>

#25375 Quote
    Inner tubing would be fun too, for those who do not ski or snowboard.

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better, and your better is the best.

Poetry is power.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

#25388 Quote
    Do we go to Como and MN Zoos during the Halloween season? That would be fun. Or maybe some local nursing homes or daycare / pre-schools

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#25445 Quote

Inner tubing would be fun too, for those who do not ski or snowboard.

There is tubing at Buck Hills in Burnseville I believe.  This would be a fun activity for everyone.

A community member a year or two ago wanted to plan something at Buck Hills, but it fell through.

For skiing, two community members last year had an official event in the metro at a skiing venue, but it had to be cancelled due to freezing rain.  Hopefully one or both of these members will try and plan something again this year.

Do we go to Como and MN Zoos during the Halloween season? That would be fun. Or maybe some local nursing homes or daycare / pre-schools

For Como Zoo we have ZooBoo towards the end of October.  For the MN Zoo we have never done anything officially, but ideas are always welcome.

As far as nursing homes, daycare facilities, etc, nothing has ever been done…Again, ideas are welcomed here.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#25454 Quote
    board game night or LAN parties?

#25455 Quote

We’ll I’d like to put it out there that a skiing / snowboard / tubing trip would be nice. Seems like it recieved enough attention to talk about atleast. Depending on how skilled people are we could hit highland & buck hill for starters. If it takes off perhaps Afton Alps after people are comfortable. However I would advise against wearing tails and such for the high risk of them breaking or being ruined from falls and such. But its your stuff not mine XD. All places I listed have rental ski and boarding gear for about 40-60$. The lift pass is like 20$ or less. This would be more of an activity rather then a sit down meet. So just voice your interest if you think this is a good idea.

Was thinking a good time would be around January-February.

Thanks for reading ^.^

Drake, I’m wanting to second this!  I think we maybe able to do this better than it was tried before if we do it in January or February.  March is too washy on if it’s going to rain or not…

I’d have to get into touch with Vanbael and see what research he had before.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Ski Sharp.
    #25470 Quote
    If there’s a cozy fireplace I can sit and have a cocoa by while you all freeze your butts off — I’m game!!! I hate the cold, but I love fireplaces and warm drinks!!!

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#25474 Quote

I remember Flip doing one of these the end of last winter at the GPS Center.  For all the nerds, this will attract nicely !

Drake, I’m wanting to second this! I think we maybe able to do this better than it was tried before if we do it in January or February. March is too washy on if it’s going to rain or not… I’d have to get into touch with Vanbael and see what research he had before.

Yeah, get in touch with Van once the winter progresses.  Then we can go over the event submission form again and fine-tune details.  🙂

If there’s a cozy fireplace I can sit and have a cocoa by while you all freeze your butts off — I’m game!!! I hate the cold, but I love fireplaces and warm drinks!!!

I believe some of the skiing/tubing venues do have a lounge area with a fireplace.  Ski or Van can confirm that since I have not been to any of the venues in the metro.

I am very happy that the brainstorming and discussions are progressing here.  I have all of these ideas recorded for potential MNFurs-based events.

I know that between Ski and Van, something skiing and/or snow tubing-related will get figured out.  With the other ideas, it will be awesome to see some community members step forward.  🙂

Depending on some of these ideas, I can assist (ex. co-head), but I am going to be careful as I do not want to burn myself out.  I can be someone’s shadow for a bit if need be though.  Community members that volunteer are awesome !

I am always available for inquiries so please do not hesitate…I can also assist with the event submission form for those who have not filled them out.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#25630 Quote

Every ski, snowboard or tubing area has had a fireplace inside of the chalet. However I have not been to any of the ski areas in the twin cities area.  though I do have plans to do so this year.

I remember Flip doing one of these the end of last winter at the GPS Center. For all the nerds, this will attract nicely !

Drake, I’m wanting to second this! I think we maybe able to do this better than it was tried before if we do it in January or February. March is too washy on if it’s going to rain or not… I’d have to get into touch with Vanbael and see what research he had before.

Yeah, get in touch with Van once the winter progresses. Then we can go over the event submission form again and fine-tune details. :)

I believe some of the skiing/tubing venues do have a lounge area with a fireplace. Ski or Van can confirm that since I have not been to any of the venues in the metro. * * * * * * * * * * I am very happy that the brainstorming and discussions are progressing here. I have all of these ideas recorded for potential MNFurs-based events. I know that between Ski and Van, something skiing and/or snow tubing-related will get figured out. With the other ideas, it will be awesome to see some community members step forward. :) Depending on some of these ideas, I can assist (ex. co-head), but I am going to be careful as I do not want to burn myself out. I can be someone’s shadow for a bit if need be though. Community members that volunteer are awesome ! I am always available for inquiries so please do not hesitate…I can also assist with the event submission form for those who have not filled them out. ~ Drake M.

What did my big muzzle get myself into…

Oh skiing fun!!

#25634 Quote

What did my big muzzle get myself into… Oh skiing fun!!

You got into ALL THE THINGS 🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#25636 Quote
    I saw a lot of bowling night pictures on the gallery, why not one of those?

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#25644 Quote
    Now that FM is over, discussions will be had behind the scenes to get some events going.

More information soon!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#25748 Quote
    How about break from the winter event? Has anyone brought up an event at the Water Park of America?

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#25750 Quote

Has anyone brought up an event at the Water Park of America?

No, this idea has not been brought up.  You are the first!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.