Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

A Message From The MNFurs Board

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times Board Dialog A Message From The MNFurs Board

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    You told us you wanted more.  You told us you wanted things to run smoothly.  You told us that we’re not just a fandom, we’re a community.  We’re on it.  Two years ago, the Steering Group was created to help with communication and coordination of all the great stuff we do as MNFurs.  As we grew, it became clear we needed to raise our  game to the next level.  We’ve finished our incorporation process, and now have a Board to manage our affairs.  Kurst, Aerak, Lego, Zmeydros, and Ridayah have agreed to serve and were elected at our open meeting last Saturday announced here.

What do these changes mean for you?  In the short term, not much!   If you have an event or program you want to propose, continue to use our event submission form.  Long term, incorporating will allow the group to start building towards more stable year round programs and lay the foundations of our upcoming convention.  In the meanwhile, please feel free to drop in on our new forum for board dialog.  Watch for more as it develops!

We want to thank the Steering Group and all of the people who have volunteered to help at our events in the past, and those who will do so in the future.  Thank YOU, for making this community so amazing.

#8434 Quote
    🙂  Congrats guys.
    #8447 Quote
    Congrats and happy it wasn't me 😀
    #8496 Quote
    I move for a recount, as the voting process was not announced openly to a large audience, and the voting block consisted of over 1/3 from the candidates themselves by present accounts from individuals in attendance, mainly the steering group.

How many of the larger group members actually had a say in this process, and why was the information not announced at a public event like one of the Perkins meets? I have no interest in being an elected official, but knowing my politics, this was a textbook bogus election that can in no way be representative of the concerns, ideas, and wishes of the group as a whole.

#8506 Quote
    Arashiin said:

I move for a recount, as the voting process was not announced openly to a large audience, and the voting block consisted of over 1/3 from the candidates themselves by present accounts from individuals in attendance, mainly the steering group.

How many of the larger group members actually had a say in this process, and why was the information not announced at a public event like one of the Perkins meets? I have no interest in being an elected official, but knowing my politics, this was a textbook bogus election that can in no way be representative of the concerns, ideas, and wishes of the group as a whole.

The first board of directors ever had to be elected without a democratic vote and I have no idea if it was announced at a meet, but it seemed…well, just necessary to do it that way the first time based on what I’ve heard from Kellic and Kurst.  The larger group members, I assume you mean the higher ups, had most of the say in who is on the board.  I’m glad that Legonarre was made president or whatever.  I was expecting someone like Kellic to be made president or Kurst even :P.  They would make great presidents too but they are already our leaders so, a pleasant choice imo.

I failed.  Read this 😛

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.