Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

A wild Jin appears!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hey there everyone! πŸ™‚

After a couple different friends, including my wife and I’s roommate who is a member here, suggested I join the MN Furs forum I finally decided to reluctantly make an account here and test the waters. I say “reluctantly” because, to be perfectly Β honest, most online communities haven’t exactly been kind to me or the misses. So the idea of signing up on a new forum where I felt like there was a good chance of people giving me… “feces” (being on an all ages forum is going to take some getting used to lol) yet again just kinda made my stomach twist itself up in knots, which is why I’ve put off making an account on here for so long.

As far as why anyone would feel inclined to give me trouble, it really just comes down to rather unusual relationship status. Most people online know me as “That guy who married the Twilight Sparkle plushie”, and that tends to draw in the trolls from far and wide. But, what most people don’t know about me is that in addition to being the husband of a magical talking unicorn from another planet (you can read the full story on that hereΒ if you’re curious, though you should be warned that it does contain some 18+ subject matter) I’m also a longtime furry fan.

My interest in furry characters began around 20 years or so ago, with the games and animated movies I liked the most as a kid (the original Sonic series on the Sega Genesis and Robin Hood mainly) and then the furry comics I started seeing popping up at local comic shops. Before long I was scouring the internet for furry art, making fursonas, roleplaying in the old Yahoo Chat furry groups, and just generally enjoying the fandom.

Fast forward 20 years and, in some ways, not a lot has changed. I don’t RP or have a fursona anymore, but I still love collecting furry artwork, watching movies, and playing games with anthro characters in them. Speaking of games, I’m also an avid retro gamer and retro game collector! My main interest are Nintendo handhelds (the Game Boy Color, AGS-101 model backlit Game Boy Advance SP, and DS Lite in particular) but I also play and collect for the NES, Sega Genesis, original PlayStation, GameCube, and the slightly-less-retro Wii. I’m also a big fan of pinball and arcade games, so much so that the misses and I commissioned a talented custom arcade cabinet maker to build us a pony-sized Centipede arcade machine with a 60-in-1 multicade board in it for our 2 year anniversary last year. You can check out that, along with all our other gaming goodies, in myΒ collection threadΒ over on the AtariAge.com forums if you’re curious.

Well, I think I’ve probably rambled on long enough for one post. If you’ve stuck with me this long then thanks for taking the time to read my introduction and I look forward to participating in the local fur community. πŸ™‚

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Jin.

"If it makes you happy and it doesn't hurt anyone, then it's good." - Bob Ross

#38970 Quote
    Hello Jin and welcome to MNFurs!

Name is Drake and it’s nice to meet you.Β  *Paw shake*

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z Β  F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-HeadΒ - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.Β  Have an event you want brought to life?Β  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.Β  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.Β  Attending and have some photography ideas?Β  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.Β  Want a photo or two or more?Β  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#38984 Quote
    Hello Jin, and welcome to the gang!

Life is amusing, though we are losing, drowned in tears of awe. β€” Kerry Livgren

#38985 Quote
    Hey Jin! It’s nice to meet you!
    #38987 Quote
    Hey there, the name’s LGslam. Welcome to the MNFur community. It’s a pleasure to meet you. *Extend paw out*
    #38988 Quote
    Hello!!!!Β 

I am sad, Β or better known as moose. Β I hope you like it here. πŸ™‚ there is lots of positive vibes here!

#38992 Quote
    Hello and good welcome!
    #39052 Quote
    Hello and welcome, I hope your time hear is a positive exsperance
    #39235 Quote
    Welcome to the community Jin!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
    Β - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#39250 Quote
    Welcome to the community, Jin! *Extends wing* Hopefully you have found your way around in the jungles of our many events and such. May your time here be grand!

-Robin

I believe that wonder is the insight to discovering more of the world than we can ever imagine possible.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.