Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Activities

Home Forums Parents of Furry Youth Activities

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    I am a parent of a furry. My daughter is now nearly 18 and has been active in furry community since 13ish (art and online as long as I can remember). Seriously as a baby had no interest in anything human. It is sad to hear that parents are not supportive. Although fur suiting as never appealed to me I can understand how much fun my daughter has.

As for activities meet ups are good. Mostly I think cons could do a better job with entertaining parents. We have attend MFF & ANTHROCON multiple times and furry migration once. As parents we just stand around take some pictures for her. Try to find someplace to relax and if we can chat with a parent or adult over 40 we get pretty psyched. I think the best way to get parents on board is to offer free admission to conventions (MFF offers this and calls them parents in tow). Β Seeing people just doing normal stuff takes away a lot of the fear many parents have.

#58741 Quote
    Keep in mind that not all furries are under 30. A lot of us are older, married, with families – some of whom are clueless about what furry is or what it means. My kids have no interest in furry. In my case we’d need a “How not to be embarrassed by your furry parent” panel to get one of my kids to attend a furry con. πŸ™‚
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX