Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

AniMinneapolis 2015

Home Forums Conventions AniMinneapolis 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hey folks I was wondering if anyone was going to AniMinneapolis on May 8 – 10, 2015 at the Minneapolis Hyatt Regency? I was trying to get Anime Detour tickets but for some reason they choose to only allow year-long memberships vs just passes to the convention. However I found that AniMinneapolis weekend passes were only $40 (until March) so I think I probably be going at least Friday and Saturday, hoping to see some familary faces though?

Anyone else going?

animinneapolis.com

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Sauce.

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#28894 Quote
    I will not be attending for personal reasons…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#28902 Quote
    I’m not sure why Drake does not go, but I will voice why I do not go to Anime Minneapolis.

Anime Minneapolis is part of an LLC for profit operation that has some…troubled past issues.

I will currently ignore some of the…operational difficulties the convention has had with individuals, but that is ongoing litigation and I believe in due process.

What is fairly well documented has a greater rot at the core issue of conventions being run as for profit LLC’s vs 501c(x) non profits.

As much as we laud the ability of single individuals and entrepreneurs to “get things done”, the history of conventions is pretty clear.  You need to be worried about your membership APART from the lure of how much money can get in your pocket.  Add into this, for profit LLC’s tend to try to hide money with shell groups and “joint partnerships” so knowing just who is getting what is almost nigh impossible.  I held tongue for quite a few years about Anime Minneapolis because it was unclear if they were going to be LLC vs 501c(x), but it turned out it was an LLC and the indirectness of disclosure was classic to the methodology of such conventions.

Nice thing about most 501c(x) have to disclose this at least to government to maintain status, and individual salaries are disclosed.   They may be cantankerous, slow to respond, frustrating and even clueless occasionally, they still have a fundamental principle about being dedicated to serving a population with a common goal.   This was part of the MAP training (http://mapfornonprofits.org/) I know most of the current board memebrs of MNfurs underwent helped teach and underline these fundamentals.

So yeah, that is why I do not go.

#29081 Quote
    Not being involved in that I think I will probably a have a good time, hope some people would look past the drama and go but if not I thought I would ask.

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#29390 Quote
    Hi! So i’m new here I didn’t know Minnesota had heir own furry page, but I will be going I’m not sure if I will be suiting or not yet.
    #30339 Quote
    I will be going to AniMinneapolis. This will be my first con of the 2015 Convention Season and, unfortunately, I do not have a Fursuit/Partial. However, I can’t wait to see more Furries because I just climbed on the Furry Band Wagon about 1 year ago. If people from around the Northwest Region/TRF/ND Region and need a ride/bunk a room, reply to me and I will see how I can help out. Conventions are awesome!  ^_^
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.