Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Anyone interested in a Fursuit Ski/Snowboard meet??

Home Forums Events Anyone interested in a Fursuit Ski/Snowboard meet??

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Happy Thanksgiving all! As the snow comes down the thought of hitting the slopes is slowly consuming my mind. Just a pitch here,, but if I were to go skiing in suit sometime this winter would anyone care to join? Maybe we could do a sort of MNfurs ski/board meet up? There are plenty of ski places in Wisconsin and around MN that would be really great to go to. Wild mountain or Afton Alps would be fun ones (they have tubing as well). If anyone wants to follow through with this please hit me up! I would need help organizing such a thing as well.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Bayler.
    #36317 Quote
    I would like to, but I have never skied and I don’t have a fur suit v.v

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

#36319 Quote
    That’s totally fine Corbi. Like I mentioned there’s also a tubing option at both Wild Mountain and Afton Alps! Also you wouldn’t have to have a suit to do this. Anyone can come in suit or out~ This still hasn’t been made an official thing yet so don’t get to stressed out about it. If it does become official I’ll make a new post that has all the details.
    #36370 Quote
    Afton Alps is a fun place, I’ve skiied there before (though not in a long time).  Definitely curious!
    #36380 Quote
    I’m going to weigh in here.
    I’ve skied for a long time and I can foresee some issues with skiing and snowboarding in fursuit.  Namely vision: I entertain the though of carving down a hill just wearing my head and tail but I always dismiss it when it comes to the thought of colliding into someone.
    Not to mention that any fall would possibly damage parts of a fursuit, especially the mask.

Snowtubing is a bit more fursuit friendly, being that you try to be careful handling yourself.

But a regular meetup at any place in the state wouldn’t hurt. I’ve been all over and I think a nice number of meetups at various places all over the state would be fun.
    Buck Hill
    Afton Alps
    Welsh Village
    Powder Ridge
    Spirit Moutian (thinking for our friends up north)
    Wild Mountain
    We have a few good options out there.

Even the though of a few of us packing up and going the distance to a few far-away places would be fun.  Trips to Lutsen, or even Giant’s Ridge would be cool.

And eventually if we have interest, a trip out west would be fun. Namely a Big Sky trip. But that’s a pipedream that will take time.

#36381 Quote
    This does sound fun, but I do have the same reservations as Vanbael, as a life long skier, I know skiing and snowboarding takes quite a bit of vision to ski/board safely. With that said I do know some Colorado Furs have been doing “Furry Ski Weekend” in Copper Mtn. So this is not unprecedented, however to do so in a proper safe manor will require some thinking on our part.

Also most ski areas do have discounted rates available for groups. However, most require a minimum number of people to show to insure these rates. I know Vanbael has looked into this in prior years so he can comment more on this.

I personally would only be staying in the châlet this year, but would defiantly love to combine two great hobbies of mine, skiing and meeting furs.

#36383 Quote
    Count me in. I’d love to be a part of this. I don’t have suit. It’s been long time since I’ve skied and  I’m over due to get back on the slopes for downhill skiing.

#36384 Quote
    1. I will may go if it’s at Afton Alps. I love skiing though I am not very good at it. I have been wanting to get better though. Also I don’t have a suit.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Little_Rascle.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.