Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Anyone read the latest City Pages?

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions Anyone read the latest City Pages?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Furries: How unleashing your inner animal brings friendship, love, community.

http://www.citypages.com/arts/furries-how-unleashing-your-inner-animal-brings-friendship-love-community/425383344

#48349 Quote
    Well I did not expect that since that interview is 1-2 years old.

Also never saw the official post from the board about the photo shoot that was supposed to be arraigned for this article or would have tried to attend.

#48350 Quote
    Additionally, since you can’t see this in the online copy, “we” are literally on the front page.
    #48351 Quote

Also never saw the official post from the board about the photo shoot that was supposed to be arraigned for this article or would have tried to attend.

I know bits and pieces about this article and it was kept quiet overall from from little I knew about this…A group of furs got together and one of them had links to a reporter writing the article.  I heard about it through the grape vine and was hoping to be part of it, but communication was not the greatest.

I do have a hard copy of this article too…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#48352 Quote
    Drake the reporters photographer contacted me directly about a photo shoot but when I approached the groups media person was basically told not to do it since they (the reporter/citypages) were told to go through the board to arrange things and that there would be an official shoot for the article.

Defiantly need to work on communication through out the entire group as far as what we can do as far as social media that effects the group on our own or what must go through the board.

I’m not angry about it just irritated at the lack of communication.

#48353 Quote
    Oh…Sorry about that, I must be thinking of something else.  Somebody else completely was telling about possibly wanting to be part of a suiting thing for a city pages article…This might be the same thing though.  I had no idea they originally contacted you about it first so hopefully I did not come off sounding ornery in my last post.  If I did, I sincerely apologize!

Yes, hopefully for any future article opportunities we can get something arranged.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#48354 Quote
    I actually remember being at that picnic and observed Further being interviewed there.

“Even Santa Claus is in attendance, handing out stuffed animals to two people dressed as a rabbit and a deer.”

That deer must be me, because I do recall a Santa Claus being there and handing out gifts. lol

#48355 Quote
    I picked up a copy of the front page literally because furries were on the front page! I thought it was great to have a mention of the picnic (and MNfurs in general) in there. The author should’ve used it as an excuse to promote Furry Migration 🙂

Cute and fun article 🙂

#48356 Quote
    No Drake you were fine I was just explain things from my end. 🙂 we are good
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.