Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Awooo! Greetings!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    I am new to getting involved in this fandom and still getting used to these social things. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated. Also still developing my fursona.
    #57858 Quote
    Hey! welcome and tbh the best tip that i can give is to be yourself and go outside of your comfort zone a bit! I really got into the fandom when i threw myself into some groups and I’m so glad I did. I’m not good at social stuff and super anxious but putting myself in that spot really helped me a lot, a lot of furs are super nice and kind so dont worry too much : D

(i hoped this helps haha im terribly awkward)

-Cy

#57893 Quote
    Hey there! Welcome to the community. It’s always nice to see new faces. 🙂 Sincerely I hope you find your time in the mnfurs to be enjoyable and may you make lots of friends on your journey through self discovery! Getting to talk to other people is always tough. When I first joined the MNFurs in 2017 it was rough. I have really bad anxiety and get closterphobic in big crowds of people easily “The more you meet people here you start to learn that you and I aren’t the only ones btw lol” it makes it worse when I don’t know anyone. My first con was Furry Migration 2017. I thought I would use the con as a stepping stone to learn more about and make friends with more furries. I did not know anyone going in and had a really horrible time as a result because I was to anxious and scared to try and talk to anyone. That’s when I learned about the MNFurs, that’s when I learned about social applications like Telegram.

From there I started talking to more people on here, on discord, and eventually telegram who are all local, and I’ve found that getting to know people online is a lot less stressful and easier “at least for me” as their is less risk since there is no direct interaction. That’s when I also started learning about all the smaller meets that the MNFurs hosts as well such as the bi weekly perkins meets They are such a good place to meet people btw”.

So I’d suggest, get to know people online that are local first, if they want to meet in person. Meet them at a meet or at a small gathering of you and other friends. That way you’ll be able to meet them in a place that’s safe. From there you’ll slowly build up the courage to be able to talk to and feel confident about meeting other people and slowly figuring out your circle. I hope this helps. 🙂

#57898 Quote
    Hi there Spark and welcome to MNFurs!

My name is Drake and I am with the MNFurs staff so please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.  You can keep posting here or you can email me at [email protected] or I am on Telegram which is @DrakeM

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#57906 Quote
    Welcome! While I don’t really go to meets or do much in the local community, the majority of furs I HAVE met are very kind and fun. Just reach out and enjoy yourself!
    #58024 Quote
    Hello and welcome !

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.