Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Board Meeting Summary – January 2013

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times Board Meeting Summary – January 2013

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Here’s the summary of the board meeting notes!  I apologize for the tardiness, and there’ll be another post following this explaining where in the world I’ve been.  Anyways, onto the summary notes!  If you have any questions please feel free to ask and we’ll do our best to answer.

#9499 Quote
    In regards to the North Metro bowling event, why Flip? why not Drake or myself, I am rather confused as to why the board doesn’t trust the event lead or co-lead or get information from the community group at their meetings.

#9501 Quote
    Hopefully this won’t be too derp since I’m half asleep.

#9502 Quote
    Skystrider, it’s exactly what Aerak said.  We like to get our information form multiple people, most definitely from those who run it (they’re our future event runners too and we like to know what they think!)  to those who also attended.  It’s just about getting that secondary source.

#9505 Quote
    In response to Sky:

I definitely see where Aerak and Ridayah are coming from…

Since you were running the event and I was assisting, we are wearing the hats as the event runners.  Having to switch hats constantly would have been more tough because during that time, that is not our responsibility as the event runners.  Hence, having someone else in a more neutral position that can take the time to quietly mingle and get feedback is very useful…Normally that would be my responsibility if I was neutral at your event, but I was helping you so I was wearing that hat as your co-lead.  Make sense?

I’ll now share my understanding of what Aerak touched on with perspective…We will have our own viewpoints and opinions on how it went since we were in the middle of everything from the attendees, bowling alley staff, and any issues that came up.  Most of our feedback will be based on a lot of those aspects and probably not as much as good raw feedback from MNFurs attendees.  This will be very much different from that neutral person getting their own feedback and putting a report together…This person being outside looking in if you will.  For example, one or two attendees may not share certain feedback with a lead or co-lead of an event, but might be more willing to share it with a neutral party or someone that is simply gathering information (aka events liaison).  Does that make sense?

It’s not that they do not trust, but having a report and/or feedback from someone neutral at the event can be just as informative.

I will have my report to present at the next community meeting and there could be lots of differences between my report and from Flip’s.  I also got feedback on my own time from a few random attendees at your event so that will be shared as well.

Some of this may possibly be a re-hash of what Aerak or Ridayah may have stated already, but I hope my broken down version helps you in understanding Sky.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#9506 Quote

* The convention group has reported that for the first year there will be no convention theme, instead the focus will be “Come to the con!”

I don’t remember us putting this in stone.  I thought we were leaving it in the air for further discussion.

Furry Migration Staff (Volunteers) & MNFurs Board Member.

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Snap_E._Tiger

#9507 Quote

@Snap E. Tiger said:

* The convention group has reported that for the first year there will be no convention theme, instead the focus will be “Come to the con!”

I don’t remember us putting this in stone.  I thought we were leaving it in the air for further discussion.

This was my understanding as well… infact at the Con com meeting the idea that a light theme was being discussed. News to me that got shot down…

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#9508 Quote
    My original notes have it down as “Minnesota flavored”.

#9516 Quote

@Aerak said:
    My original notes have it down as “Minnesota flavored”.

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

#9517 Quote
    Snap, as a general note these are simply the things the board discussed and did at the meeting.  Nothing here is ‘final’ or a ‘decision’ usually unless there was a vote next to it, unless it’s just looking for more information.  If I remember correctly most of the talk was simply a question about theme since it’d been raised before and where things are trending.
    #9521 Quote

@Ridayah said:
    Snap, as a general note these are simply the things the board discussed and did at the meeting.  Nothing here is ‘final’ or a ‘decision’ usually unless there was a vote next to it, unless it’s just looking for more information.  If I remember correctly most of the talk was simply a question about theme since it’d been raised before and where things are trending.

as formal as our meetings are, I was assuming this was ‘on the record’ so all I was asking for was an amendment to the record.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.