Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Book Recommendations

Home Forums Groups Book Club Book Recommendations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    During our last book club meeting, there were a fair number of novels mentioned by each member. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for us to discuss books that are worth checking out. Or, if anyone is looking for a specific type of book, they could ask for a recommendation from that specific genre.

I’ll start off with the book I mentioned at the last meeting: Ready Player One by Earnest Cline. I read this last year, and it’s a fun read that incorporates aspects of virtual-reality video gaming, eighties pop culture references, and mystery.

#31893 Quote
    One I recommend is in the sci-fi realm, by author Jack McDevitt.  He’s written a TON of great stories, but by far my favorite is “Moonfall”.  It’s set in 2028, so not far in the future, and the world is about to open its first moonbase, not just a research location but a tourist destination for those with the money for it.  But on the eve of opening, a solar eclipse reveals a comet.  A massive comet that defies science.  It’s trajectory is headed straight for the moon, and its velocity and size are predicted to shatter the moon.  Just what will happen?

The book takes an unusual route for storytelling.  If you’ve read World War Z, it’s a bit like that, in which the story is told from dozens of viewpoints simultaneously, and not just characters, but online news headlines, radio transcripts, news broadcasts… it incorporates a variety of ways that come together in a brilliantly told story of humanity’s struggle against catastrophic disaster.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.