Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Bowling Meet, Health and Behavior Update

Home Forums Events Bowling Meet, Health and Behavior Update

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    I’ve had a hard time staying calm and quiet during recent events, the kind that I can’t do much about other than vote.gov later this year. I have no idea what the rest of the year will look like but we need to look out for each other. I can’t do that if I can’t even look out for myself.

Hopefully some of you will be relieved to know I’m working on it. I’ve had anxiety and focus issues relating to autism my entire life. Depression started around 2006, when I moved to rural Pennsylvania.

Not liking that at all shaped my worldview today, even more than living in Savannah from the 1990s to the dawn of the 21st Century. It was a very different place back then, but it could get most of its glory back as soon as 2023. I’ve thought about snowbirding from Pooler, GA but I don’t have enough money to do that yet.

For about a month I’ve been taking setraline, a selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor. I’ve been off an on this and other antidepressants due to varying levels of their help with anxiety (before setraline I tried citalopram) and an unfortunate (though perfectly treatable) side effect I’m probably not allowed to describe here. Getting back on setraline had the opposite effect that most are used to in that regard, probably because being bitter all the time doesn’t help anything below your waist.

Getting back pain from a concrete floor at your job doesn’t help either. After I left one job that made me push carts I went to others where I didn’t have to anymore, but I still had to stand most of the day. What finally killed my ability to stand up, sit down, sleep and walk without massive pain, what made me absolutely have to visit a chiropractor was some advice I never learned from my parents and never took seriously until it was too late: you have to bend your knees when crouching down. If you don’t ever do this you’ll put too much stress on your back and it could do permanent damage.

I’ve shown stress in Telegram chats and voluntarily been in and out of them because of my mental health, behavior, and back issues. While getting back on setraline forever I intend to go to Fraser for counseling and therapy. I don’t know when yet but I submitted the intake forms. I’m waiting to hear back from them soon.

After hosting two bowling meets I want to try again as the weather warms up. I want to start planning this month for a meet in April and hope to get enough help to do that.

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by METRO Mutt.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by METRO Mutt. Reason: To be concise and to avoid encouraging the use of cannabidinols by person's under the age of 21
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by METRO Mutt. Reason: Grammar and removing some more redundancy. Savannah school teachers gave me a de facto journalism degree
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by Kurst Hyperyote.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by METRO Mutt. Reason: Paragraph break
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.