Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Coming Clean on the Bowling Meets

Home Forums Events Coming Clean on the Bowling Meets

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    I’m just going to jump right into it.

There is no way these meets are going to be able to happen as long as the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) advises a six-foot rule for public meetings. As long as both MDH and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have this advisory in effect FurBowl North is going to be suspended. The call to have meets again will be entirely up to MDH lifting the six-foot rule. Not to get too political but I honestly trust our state government’s judgement over federal. If MDH lifts its advisories before the CDC I’ll start planning the next one. If CDC lifts before MDH that will be a no-go until MDH lifts its advisories.

While the rules regarding social distancing are advisory, it is better to be safe than sorry. While the majority of attendees were low-risk individuals, even low-risk individuals can transmit the disease having little to no symptoms to high-risk individuals that could end up in the hospital (perhaps never leaving it as far as they are aware). For the good of the general public, FurBowl North will be suspended until MDH lifts its advisory on social distancing.

This will give everyone plenty of time for my next hard-to-swallow pill: my finances are a dumpster fire and my family had to intervene to get my debts under control. I have attempted an honor system model in which people voluntarily contribute towards the cost of the meets. I do not see that as being feasible going forward. We may very well have to have all the attendees pay for their own bowling like they did when I ran these in Kansas City in the early 2010s. The decision to do this is not final yet, but if there is exponential growth I don’t see how anyone can afford to pay for everyone on their own.

Sorry. I have to look out for my ability to hold these going forward and for your health as well as the health and well-being of the community. It may be inconvenient and frustrating, but the sooner preventative measures are taken the sooner we can get back on track. Not just with bowling meets and MNFurs, but society in general.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by METRO Mutt.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by METRO Mutt.
    #57979 Quote

We may very well have to have all the attendees pay for their own bowling like they did when I ran these in Kansas City in the early 2010s. The decision to do this is not final yet, but if there is exponential growth I don’t see how anyone can afford to pay for everyone on their own.

First off, thank you for your post on letting everyone know of the postponing of the FurBowl meets.

Lastly as I quoted a segment of your post above, going forward it is better to have attendees pay their own way.  I have always done it that way in the past because it is a financial burden to you.  This way attendees can pay for as many games as they want.  If it’s unlimited bowling then they can play for as long as they want and then decide on whether or not they want to stick around, grab food/beverages, etc.

As I have offered in the past, if you need any further guidance and/or assistance with these, please let me know!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.