Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Community Forum Meeting 10-7-2013

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times Community Forum Meeting 10-7-2013

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hello MNFurs community!

It’s that time again.  Our next community forum meeting will be held on October 7.  These meetings are all about keeping everyone up to speed on events (past + present) with recaps among other things.  This is also a time where new ideas are discussed and other thoughts and/or concerns are voiced.  Everyone is invited and we encourage others to join physically or virtually via TinyChat.

I have chosen a coffee shop in downtown Minneapolis for this month’s meeting.  We will have a lovely stage area setup for us for the duration of our meeting.  More information is below…

ADDRESS:  329 W 15th St Minneapolis, MN 55403

TIME FRAME:  7:00 – 9:00

OLD BUSINESS:

Con Zero recap – Flip

2013 Fall Picnic recap – Drake

Bowling at Tuttles recap – Yarrick

ZooBoo updates – Zepaw

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#11829 Quote
    Updates have been made in all of the first post information.

I have worked on adding some topics to the agenda.  Everyone is welcome in assisting with anything else that needs to be added.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#11985 Quote
    NOTICE:

Hello everyone…I am working on getting the agenda finalized for Monday’s meeting.  If there are any topics that need to be added that I missed, please let me know ASAP.

For TinyChat, I have Kelsier taking charge.  Prior to the meeting start time, she will be in the MNFurs chat and provide the link and any other information.

See everyone next Monday!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12014 Quote
    I need to add to the agenda.  Furry Migration will be having a table at Anime Fusion the Weekend of October 18th.  Right now I’m the only person scheduled to sit there from opening of dealers room to closing.  I really, really, really could use some company and/or help with this.
    #12015 Quote

@Kellic said:
    I need to add to the agenda.  Furry Migration will be having a table at Anime Fusion the Weekend of October 18th.  Right now I’m the only person scheduled to sit there from opening of dealers room to closing.  I really, really, really could use some company and/or help with this.

Added it as a topic in New Business.

Thanks Kellic!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12016 Quote
    I haven’t been to this location before is there anything special I need to know about parking?  Just curious :)

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#12019 Quote
    I haven’t been to this location before is there anything special I need to know about parking?  Just curious :)

#12023 Quote
    Thanks for covering this, Zepaw.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12109 Quote
    In person: Flip, Alkora, Aerak, Legonnare, Kellic, Kurst, Drake, Cyn, Kelsier, Yarrick, Zepaw

Grumble, KitaFox, Ringer, Ski#,  Mouring, Kae, Queue, Streaks, Bryan Berlien

Meeting start 7:09

Old Business

Con Zero Recap – Flip Weather cooperated, meaning it rained making people move over to the hotel in a timely manner. Got to see room 215 which is one we hadn’t used in past event. It’s a primary choice for consuite room. Allowed us to flush out some of the issues so we can solve them or handle them easier; we can address them now not during crunch time. It made money. Some were disappointed it wasn’t a full convention but that was never the purpose. Meant to be small scale preview.  Kellic: My critique was we started a bit early. People took set up at 3 to mean they should be showing up for the event around that time.

Fall Picnic Recap – Drake Everything went smoothly. Attendance was 200 if not more. We had everything set up prior and working as expected. We had so much food we were just giving away unopened condiments and such. -Short discussion of opinions on having split days events. Most feel it is not a good way to set things, maybe if one event is smaller. This was not meant to be a regular situation. Also people can have unofficial gatherings after the big events like a movie after the picnic.- Question: Will there be a fall picnic next year? Kellic: When we started down the road with this organization there are certain staples. The picnic is one of those. Furry Migration will be 10 years to the day of the first picnic. The thought now is perhaps a picnic a couple weeks after FM. It could be an open invite volunteer-centric picnic. Separation to keep the lights on.

Bowling at Tuttles – Yarrick There were people who were hesitant at first but when they realized it was only a mile away that spurred interest. It went well. They weren’t as busy as I expect which was nice as we weren’t crowded and could grab more lanes once needed. Downside is no unlimited bowling but there was a deal of buy 2 games get 3. They had a backroom that wasn’t available but we will talk to them about that. Streaks: It was a bit expensive.

ZooBoo – Zepaw: Last orientation is Sat 12. We will be split in a few groups. Reg and general info in thread.

Intermission 7:40-50

ValleyScare – Aerak: Turka hosting. Been doing it last 2 years, looking forward to it again. Gonna shoot to meet at the fountain at 7. 12 haunted houses, 2 new this year. Friday Oct 18th.

Next Tuttles bowling – Ringer: Looking to do it again. Pretty much the same but would like to grab that room next to the lanes. Not sure if it has a cost yet. If we do it enough we may be able to establish enough of a relationship to get deals on bowling.

Amine Fusion – Kellic: Became more complicated than I expected. Didn’t find out we would have a free table until a few weeks ago. I’ve been scrambling to find people who can attend this. If you are or know people let me know. Simple tasks but need people for coverage.

Events Liaisons – Drake/Yarrick – An event running guide is being written. 

Volunteers – Zepaw: I’ll be losing my deer (Kelsier) soon. Recruited Streaks into the Vol dept.

Web Updates  – Kurst: We have updated the site. Its phase one as the site is in three chunks for updating.

Midwest FurFest – Kellic: I’m no longer co-head of their consuite for them and they lost the other cohead. MNFurs/Furry Migration is assisting them in consuite the Saturday of con. We need people front and back of house. You get hours for MNFurs and MFF. 

Winter party – Drake: Poked Gerjis, give him to end of month. Will have more discussions about this as it gets closer.

Kellic next moderator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.