Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Community Forum Meeting 11-7-2013 @ 7PM-9PM

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times Community Forum Meeting 11-7-2013 @ 7PM-9PM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Good afternoon everyone.  Its time to start planning the next community meeting for November 7, 2013.  Be aware this will be a live forums post.  e.g.  I will continue to add things to the agenda as people post them.  So without further ado…..

Community Forums Meeting:  Punch & Pie Edition 

#12281 Quote
    I will have some new information to share on the Holiday Party currently in discussion phases.

Hmm…I would suggest adding to New Business.

Thanks Kellic!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#12353 Quote
    Do we want to try to arrange anything with the Winter Carnival Parade in St Paul? Looks like it will be at the end of January 2014, and based on last year’s info, early registration (by early December?) is ~$60 for a community organization (see the registration packet linked on the above page).

Unfortunately their 2014 applications don’t seem to be up yet so I’m guessing based on the 2013 info.

#12354 Quote

@Ringer said:
    Do we want to try to arrange anything with the Winter Carnival Parade in St Paul? Looks like it will be at the end of January 2014, and based on last year’s info, early registration (by early December?) is ~$60 for a community organization (see the registration packet linked on the above page).
    Unfortunately their 2014 applications don’t seem to be up yet so I’m guessing based on the 2013 info.

I’d assume the same issue that kept us out last year is still our hinderence this year. Group insurance became a requirement and we are not to a place where we have it. 

#12355 Quote
    Updated.  Anything else?
    #12357 Quote

@Zepaw said:
    I’d assume the same issue that kept us out last year is still our hinderence this year. Group insurance became a requirement and we are not to a place where we have it.

To add on, yes, this is still the issue.

I do not know of any updates on this though…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#12383 Quote
    I know this is kinda early, but we need to start planning the Anime Detour room party now.   May i get some time there?
    #12409 Quote
    The meeting is a little far for me. Is there any chance there will be someone livestreaming it or something?
    #12411 Quote

@Grunge
    said:
    The meeting is a little far for me. Is there any chance there will be someone livestreaming it or something?

We always have someone doing TinyChat for audio and video.

Once we get our non-profit status approved, we hope to have a better way of streaming in the future.

You mentioned the location of the meeting being a bit far for you as well…There was a discussion during the meeting, not sure how much you heard/read during, but we plan to find two locations and switch between the two.  Logistics of these two locations will be examined and more information will be shared.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12427 Quote
    In-person: Kellic, Kelsier, Drake, Kurst, Kitsunekla, Kae, Yarrick, Streaks, Zepaw, Alkora, Aerak, Flip

Online: Sike, Grunge, Khol14, Mouring, Ski#, Unico

Brought to order 7:18

Valley Scare – Aerak: What worked and what didn’t? Well bad news around as nothing really worked. Bad weather and no one showed up but Turka. Turka seemed to blame the multiple events more. This brings up an old debate and we had mostly decided it would be okay. Zepaw: Unless it’s a flagship event I don’t feel we should push people away from that date. Yarrick: If we notice there are two events ending up in the same time area we do warn them. Kurst: Zoo Boo was an event she ran against and this is a staple of our group. Been involved for years. Kellic: I’d say its not Event dept’s job to say no but they can be there to warn. Kellic: We knew there were multiple events which is the umbrella topic here. Zooboo, Anime Fusion, Valley Scare. In years past we haven’t gotten a massive turnout but it was respectable. Aerak: A dozen or so. Kellic: I believe you’ve talked with her before (Aerak: yes) and lets follow up on her. Lego: These events also had the issue of being immovable. Last weekend of Valley Scare, a con is set, and Zoo Boo is set. Kellic: I’d say really this should have been getting pushed even earlier. Its something we should at least bring up next year, see if there is interest from her in running again. Flip: An event like this doesn’t have much of a back-up plan. Our picnics we make sure to hit a place with shelters.

Tuttles Bowling – Yarrick: Ringer says getting a decent RSVP response and likely bring in more. 9pm-1am

Anime Fusion – Kellic: It was a last minute thing; asked us to show up and we did. It was a great chance for FM people to get a feel for how we can use the space. We were offered the free ambassador table a month out so it was thrown together very last minute but it worked.

FM @ Midwest FurFest – Kellic: I need to find someone who has a truck and is driving to Chicago. We would like to set up the same thing we had at Anime Fusion, the two vertical columns with the banner hanging between them. Problem is there are 6 of them 10 lbs each and a bit bulky. I’d cover gas. If anyone has or knows someone with a truck heading to MFF please let me know. Forwarded volunteer contacts by Zepaw and I’ll be contacting people to schedule it out. I’m shooting for like 2 hour window per shift. If you want to do more that’s perfectly fine.  The only other volunteer thing we need is some personable people to man the table.

7:44pm Break

Events Dept – Yarrick: Not a whole lot that’s changed. If you have any questions as always we welcome your emails to [email protected] Drake: and please give us notice of at least a month.

Volunteers dept – Zepaw: Nothing new to mention. In process of figuring out what the dept will be post Zepaw and Kelsier as both of us will be stepping away from it in the next couple months. Discussing with Streaks what level of involvement he is interested in and capable of. If you are interested in being a part of the dept let me know.  Sidenote that came up – Kellic: Note that the next community forum should include details/information about the coming election. Web – Kurst: We made an update of the overall design of the site. We will be doing “phase 2” of the site, updating the software this weekend. An updated/simplified forums. It’s a bit rougher than I want but it’s a good time to get it done. An update to the chat system will be in a month or two from then.

Convention update – Kellic: 308 days to go. Next major event we’ll be pimping the con at (get awareness of the convention) is Midwest FurFest. In the next couple weeks the website should come alive more. Jade has been working through a lot of concepts and ideas regarding the art show. Dealers room will likely be up by end of month.  My policy is to always shoot for coheads so if you know of someone who would be a god candidate to run it alongside the potential head we have let Zepaw know. Hotels reservations are up. Kurst: Do not need to put money down on it! Kellic: I have ordered T-shirts. Forest green with a nifty graphic of paw prints converged to our icon. What I’m going to do since I’d rather not pay tax on so many shirts and MN doesn’t charge tax on them (but IL does) I will take preorders before MFF and give them out at that time. $16 up to XL. Above XL is $18. It can make a profit for us but that all gets funneled back to Furry Migration. I’d prefer cash.

Board of Directors update – Kellic: I figured an update from board members in attendance was something worth adding to the agenda. It’s a new idea so forgive us if it’s rough. Let us know how you feel Lego: Things in the works, Spring Picnic is even in the works. Trying to get group insurance. Been working on election laws as well. Ridayah has been compiling them. Soon here we should have a public viewing of them available (if they aren’t up already). Yarrick: Dates on that yet? Lego: In the works, springtime. March is the current month per the by laws. Yarrick: When can candidates enroll? Lego: If interested send a message to [email protected] and he’ll add you to the list. Flip: Will there be a public announcement? Do candidates need to make a statement? Lego: 20 hours requirement and a cutoff date for announcing but nothing much past that. Kellic: who can verify who has reached their hours? Lego: Zepaw Zepaw: Also Kelsier and the documents I sent to Ridayah include the hour tracking sheet so theres three Aerak: As for the picnic Ridayah and I are working on the initial set up. Theme is May the Third, prequel to May the Fourth (may the “fourth” be with you). So that gives you a strong hint of what were going for. Zepaw: I feel this way and I’ve heard it from several MNFurs members, the board often feels like a separate entity. I appreciate the idea of having these updates at the community meetings.  Aerak: Looking into out next location for annual “board retreat”. Its essentiually an intensive 3 day meeting. Its not a vacation and the cost of it is comin gout of our pockets, not MNFurs. Kellic: If you have topics we should mull over let us know. Lego: Such as by-laws, it’s a time for us to go through them and make sure they still make sense. Comments/questions send to [email protected]

Holiday party – Drake: Holiday theme potluck style party. Looking for a fake tree to borrow. Some other things I’m looking at like if I can get a holiday costume contest going. Lego: GPS has rooms 135 and 136 but it didn’t work well for what they wanted. Could hold meeting but across the building. The tenant next door to their spot in 106 vacated so they jumped on the opportunity to claim 107. Its longer and technically larger. Still a month out so if you have suggestions let me know. Zepaw: gift exchange like last year? Drake: I’ll hit up Arashiin as he ran that well last year.

Parade in January – Lego: We did this a couple years ago and it was good fun but last year they changed the policy so that any grouped involved needed insurance. We don’t have it locked in but expect we could have it by then. Want to lead the gathering and get this going? Let us know. Insurance pending we will be involved.

What makes a good location? – Kellic: Personally I wish we could stabilize on one location but maybe that’s just me. Aerak: It’s a discussion the board had, what makes for a good location. Kellic: A better online presence. Tinychat is junk. There are some good tools we can access when a 501c3. Along with that good wireless. Lego: Good parking that’s not meter run. Aerak: Do you guys prefer rotating or stable? Yarrick: We found in the past with the steering group we get different people. Pat: Perhaps keep it down to a couple. Yarrick: Allows us to schedule out 3-4 months at a time. Kurst: Closer to the main highway system, especially for winter.

Room Party – (Flip had discussion ideas, he had to leave  before this came up) Lego: Give us your ideas. Kellic: and what part does FM play. What % of the bandwidth do they take?

Next meeting  3pm Perkins (pre-meet), Yarrick moderator.

Adjourned 9:06pm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.