Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Community Forum Meeting 7-9-13

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times Community Forum Meeting 7-9-13

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hello MNFurs community!

It’s that time again.  Our next community forum meeting will be held July 9.  Normally we have these meetings the 7th of each month.  Reason for this one change is because the 7th is around the ending dates of CONvergence and AC.

The chosen venue has a nice back area that we have used in the past.  They had some wifi issues in the past, but it has been confirmed that those are resolved.  This space has been reserved for us so please come out and join us.

Below is the address, menu, & time frame of the meeting.  I will also start to fill in the appropriate areas for discussion.  Please assist in any topics so I can get everything covered.  Thank you!

ADDRESS:  3000 W 66th St, Richfield, MN 55423

TIME FRAME:  7:00 – 9:00

RESTAURANT MENU:  http://www.bakerssquare.com/menu/

OLD BUSINESS:

Twin Cities Pride event recap – Ridayah

Dragon Festival update – Tek

Kokomo’s at MoA update – Ridayah

Bi-weekly venue research update – Yarrick + Drake

Fall Picnic/Con Zero update – Drake

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#11028 Quote
    I have started to add topics to our agenda for the next community meeting.

Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be put on here.

Thank you!  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#11082 Quote
    The community forum meeting is next Tuesday (front page and calendar post coming very soon).  I have been in contact with some members and still waiting on a couple.

Let’s all work together to make sure all topics get on the agenda.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#11154 Quote
    Good evening everyone!

The agenda is at its final stages.  Please review and let me know of any changes needed.

I will have plenty of copies printed off for everyone. 

See everyone tomorrow evening!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#11224 Quote
    Meeting Notes

July 9th 

Red Pepper Restaurant (Baker’s Square changed our reservation to July 8th, last minute location change made)

Drake, Cresil, Kae, Ridayah, Yarrick, Andrew/Zest, Pat/Kitsunekla, Zepaw, Kelsier, Kurst, Trejaan, Aerak, Alkora, Streaks, Cyrus, Cardan Drakerav

Auron, Grumble, Mouring, Vanbael, Unico, Clefspeare(Matt Marshall)
    Started 7:10
    Old Business
    Twin Cities Pride Ridayah on behalf of Legonnare – Estimate 80 flyers handed out. Estimated cost about $20, donated by Legonare. The Furry Migration flyers flew out in under an hour. They were colorful and stood out. Recommend having 500 in future. GPS had no issues, though recommended a smaller banner. Any questions or comments please direct to Legonnare and he will reply in a timely manner.
    Kokomo’s Ridayah – Limited menu. Room is reserved. A vegetarian, and two traditional options. Went with a limited menu as its hard for them to keep a kitchen up with a large room. This Sunday 14th 2-7
    Bi-weekly venue research update Drake – There was a Denny’s in Oswego. Probably not good as a meet as it’s a bit out of the way. Perkins in Golden Valley that has potential. It can fit about the same amount of people as out current location. Unfortunately close at midnight. Planning to do an event on an off weekend. Yarrick: If you find a place that could work give us an email.
    Fall Picnic / Con Zero Drake – Not much for an update as of yet. Deadline for artwork samples Monday July 15th. Timeframe for picnic is 10am-8pm. Around 6 people can head over to the hotel if they please. Toward end of this month or in August I will have food thread going. Heard from a few people interested in volunteering for the picnic. Still need conzero volunteers. For that contact Zepaw.
    Dragon Festival Kurst in place of Tek – Dragon Festival happening this Weekend. Meeting for volunteers at 7am 1829 North St Paul Rd Maplewood MN. Can use help throughout the weekend. More details in forum posts, FA journals, and a flyer in Tek’s submissions. Yarrick: There will also be a photography booth next to the area. There will be a $5 donation/fee for use but people helping out will have that waived. Looking for volunteers still, particularly for the bouncy castle. Can’t man that in suit but can suit some and do the castle.
    Intermission began 7:22pm, food arrived.
    Resumed 7:46PM
    New Business
    Mankato Meet Drake in place of Cyrus – Looking to do it sometime mid-August. Working with a fur in Mankato to set up a time/place. Jake’s Stadium Pizza is a likely location.
    August Fursuit romp Drake – Theodore Wirth Park, Aug 24th. Noon-4pm Will have more details soon. After that I plan to have a dinner somewhere.
    Bowling in Ramsey Super Bowl Drake for Wolfie – Aug 9th 9pm to 2am, unlimited bowling for $12. I will work with Wolfie, event mentoring as we’ve discussed before.
    Perkins Discussion Aerak – We have received some complaints from Perkins. They like us and they say we are good tippers but we are starting to push the relationship. And a dildo was lost Ridayah: This is a family friendly event. If you wouldn’t have something in front of your niece or nephew it doesn’t belong there. Kurst: We can’t alienate any place we go to. We have to be respectful. They are giving us the space free for 6+ hours. If we burn that bridge we could lose the ability to even have that type of gathering. Ridayah: This means respectful of other patrons as well Kurst: and respectful of your fellow MNFurs. Furry covers a lot of things and some of those just don’t belong in this setting. Aerak: If you see someone doing something that should be an obvious faux pas remind them.
    Discussion point Kurst – Its very important to use the submissions form to have an MNFurs event. Our tax status will mean there are certain event we can’t host.
    My going away event Kelsier – I’m deploying to the Air Force in December. Sometime between now and then I’ll be having a “going away for awhile”.
    Yarrick is the moderator for August’s meeting. Wed Aug 7th 7pm
    8:18PM Adjourned

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Zepaw.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Zepaw.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.