Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Community Forum Meeting 8-7-2013

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times Community Forum Meeting 8-7-2013

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Looking for a way to make your voice heard and have input for the MNFurs community and events? Just want to listen in on what is coming up and enjoy dinner out? Then come to the Monthly open community Forum meeting on Wed August 8th and make yourself heard!  These meetings are also a great place to meet Board Members, Staff and Volunteers that keep MNFurs going.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#11414 Quote
    QUESTION:

For the members who attended the meeting via TinyChat…How did everything look and sound overall? I was testing with my LifeCam Cinema HD and am curious if this is something to use again at next month’s meeting.

Yes, there were times where we sounded like chipmunks or the video was laggy…Also, the camera was moved around a lot to point at members speaking.  For future, if I end up covering for Kels again, I can sit back further and have the camera pointed at the table entirely.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#11415 Quote
    Drake, Yarrick (Moderator), Kae, Alkora, Aerak, Cyn, Flip, Kurst, Zepaw(Notes), Zealot

Online: Ski#, Vanbael, Streaks, UniCo

Called to order 7:14pm

Kokomos – Aerak: Didn’t have a huge group but it was from a dozen to 18 people. Complications as no menu posted. Limited menu was known but particulars and price were unknown. Ridayah is looking into having another event in the next month or two. Perhaps a brunch then a movie.

Dragon Festival – Yarrick: I ran the photography and that went well. Flip: There is a lot of potential there, at least on par with Zoo Boo. Tek seemed to have the idea of people to come and do whatever but it seems it would run better were there more structure. There is a lot of good there and people enjoyed the costumes. Its something to look forward to in the future.

Picnic/ConZero, Drake – Nerf guns and other projectiles are not allowed. Two badges, $5 each. Variety of programming starting at noon. 3 is when people can begin migrating to the hotel for ConZero.

Fursuit Romp, Drake – Was considering Theodore Wirth but it is not a good one for this sort of gathering. Have decided on French Regional Park.

Ramsey Super Bowl, Drake – This Friday 9pm-1pm. Menu for food and beverages. Cost of $12.

Mankato Meet – Nothing to update. Details on the forum.

Break 8:34PM

Called back 8:42PM

Friday Night Perkins Meet, Drake – It will be treated like a regular biweekly. Bring your board games, laptops, and such. Closes at Midnight. Has wifi. You can park in the lot next to it for the closed restaurant near it.

Info Sign In Sheets, Kurst – We have sign in sheets Aerak whipped up some time ago. We have been very lax on using them. We must get back in the habit of having these at medium and large sized events. Several important reasons. Known who is part of the group, be able to follow up to people who wish it, satisfy certain IRS requirements. At least give your name when you use them. SkiSharp: Can this be put up online as a pdf? Kurst: Expect it to be put up in the next month or two.

Facebook / Social Media, Kurst – We have a faceook group. Pages  are organized around a company/individual/non-profit, a group is not around someone/thing in particular. Because people are using the group to post about other things its burying event information. Facebook analyzes what people watch most and adjusts what is shown prominently. We are going to move event announcements over to a page. The group will still be around for general discussions. Twitter is great for catching announcements as it doesn’t do that filtering.

Web Update, Kurst – Testing a website update. Looking to get it done in the next couple weeks if possible. If not I will be waiting until after the picnic so we don’t mess with people getting info for that. SkiSharp: Will the site be more mobile friendly? Kurst: In phases the mobile experience will be enhanced. Its why I don’t like most of the chat systems I’m looking at; most are not mobile friendly.

Vol Dept, Zepaw – All is well. Looking for people interested in being a part of the volunteer dept. Let me know if you are interested.

Event Dept Update, Yarrick – Our dept continues to be here to help out with mentoring and guidance when desired. As before please give us a month or more notice for events. Need time to review and then put info up at least a couple weeks before.

Anime Fusion, Flip – They have approached us, would be interested in us having a room party. This is at the Ramada MoA, same hotel as our convention. Anybody who is working our con I recommend you hit this con. They have tricks we can use and learn from. Staff we can recruit. 

Meeting place – Suggestions, Black Bear Crossings Café , Caribou by HarMar. DaVanni’s in Eden Prairie.

Moderator – Zepaw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.