Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Completely New and Completely Shy

Home Forums MNFurs Introduce Yourself And How Did You Find MNFurs Completely New and Completely Shy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hello everybody!

I recently discovered the furry fandom so I am a complete newbie. I’d like to become more involved but I’m shy and slightly nervous about simply showing up or registering for events/bi-weekly meets (let me know if you have any advice for becoming involved). I hope to build up the courage and dive right in but until than I plan on being involved in the online community.

There is not much to tell about me. I’m a recent college grad who currently works at a bookstore (although my eventual goal is to go into medicine).  I ride horses in my free time and am obsessed with hot chocolate and french pastries. I don’t have a fursona yet but I’ve been sketching up ideas and hope to have one soon.

It’s nice to meet you all! I can’t wait to get to know everybody!

-Emily

#45373 Quote
    Welcome welcome!!

Im a total trash mammal.

#45375 Quote
    Welcome!
    #45376 Quote
    Welcome!

A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

#45377 Quote

Hi Emily! Lots of folks in this community are shy, no worries on that count.

I like to meet one or two folks before diving in to a group meet in order to feel less overwhelmed myself!

#45378 Quote
    Hi there Emily and welcome to the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake, part of the MNFurs staff, and it’s a pleasure to meet you.  *Paw shake*

In being new to any community, one will always have the feelings of being nervous and/or anxious.  I would suggest starting at one of the bi-weekly meets to get more acquainted in the community.  The meets take place at Perkins and many other staff and MNFurs board members usually attend and can be spoken to.  Many other community members are usually pretty open and friendly so feel free to say hi and introduce yourself.  There is also more community presence at the Caribou Coffee across the street too.  More information about the bi-weekly meets can be seen RIGHT HERE

For any upcoming events you can simply feel free to show up as they are open to all of our community members (no registrations are necessary, same with the meets).  Most of our fun events include dinner gatherings, movie outings, fursuit romps, community bowling, fundraiser events, and much more.  Again, most of our staff and board members attend, so feel free to ask for one of us if you ever have any questions/concerns.  🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.  You can post more here in your thread as well as send me a PM or an e-mail ([email protected]).

Take care!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#45379 Quote
    Welcome to the group! It’s nice to meet you! I’m Aerak and I’m the president of the nonprofit that runs the group. I hope you have the courage to drive in, too. Where abouts are you driving from? Also, I’m super jelly. I’ve never been horse-back riding, but always have wanted to. Seems super fun and relaxing.

As Drake said, the best place to start is coming to one of our regularly occurring furmeets. It’s a great opportunity to talk to people face to face, and whether someone has a fursona or not, all are welcome. In fact we have lots of people there who don’t even consider themselves furries – just geeks from other geeky fandoms. We are a very accepting group. =)

#45394 Quote
    Welcome Emily!

We were all first timers once 😊 I myself am new to the area so I know it can be a little overwhelming and scary going to events alone where you don’t know anyone.  I have attended some events and the bi-weekly meet.  I attend with my daughter who is the furry 😸 Maybe we can meet up before a bi-weekly meet so you will at least know us and feel more comfortable walking into an event.  I am a nurse so we can talk about medical stuff!

Nice to meet you!🙋

Furry Migration - Volunteers Dept Co-Head

Want to volunteer at Furry Migration 2017?  Fill out the form to let us know you are interested.

#45425 Quote
    Welcome friend! I understand being shy, I am shy too. (online is definitely easier to be outgoing! heehee)

Feel free to talk to me any time!

The kind of fart that sounds like a question

#45426 Quote
    Hello and welcome to the community Emily!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#45441 Quote
    Welcome to the jungle…oh wait sorry wrong board XD

Welcome to the fandom and the mnfurs i was shy at first but not so much noaw, i dont know if you could tell or not X3

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.