Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Conversations!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hi, everyone!

My name is Jake and I just signed up for the forums on MNFurs. I am relatively new to the space, but I am an anthropology student at Macalester College and I am learning about furs, furries, and fursonas right now. I have been reading a lot of books, like <i>Furry Nation</i>, to learn as much as I can about the fur/furry community. But I was wondering if maybe anyone would be willing to sit down and have a conversation with me some time, because I think the best way to learn is to talk to people and ask questions! I want to be the best, most respectful kind of student possible, one who is honest, compassionate, and curious. I have seen the kind of love and acceptance that is spread throughout the fur/furry community, and I want to be able to go about talking to people in the same way.
    To clarify, I am working on a project about furs, furries, and fursonas, and am somewhat new to the furry community. If you would be interested in chatting with me some time about your experiences in the community or what it means to you, then I would love to do so! Or, if you are interested in sharing your stories, I would love to hear them! I look forward to hearing back from everyone and hope you all have a great rest of your day. 🙂
    Happy holidays,
    Jake
    #54785 Quote
    Hi Jake,

My name is Matt. Online I go by the fursona of Aerak the Fox. I currently sit on the MNFurs board of directors as President and would be happy to speak with you and answer any questions you might have. I’ll send you a private message. 🙂

#54788 Quote
    Hello!

I am not an expert in the least, but I would love to have a conversation about the community if you ever feel up to it!

#54789 Quote
    Hi there Jake and welcome to the MNFurs community!

My name is Drake and I run the Events Department.  *Paw shake*

If you have any questions let me know and I hope you enjoy yourself here!  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#54791 Quote
    I’d probably be interested in talking about myself and my interests in the furry fandom.
    #54792 Quote
    I dont know what i have to say but i would be interested!

You can add me on telegram at @Rascle or on discord at Little_Rascle#2568. I kind of just hop on this website at random so those would be better ways of getting ahold of me

#54798 Quote
    Hi there!

i uniquely compare the furry fandom to a motorcycle club (yes there are motofurs lol). If you’d like to chat more, I’d be happy to help. A better way to get in touch with me would be over telegram @hrtfltruth

hope to see you around at the meets!

Life wasn’t meant to end easy, it’s meant for you to come screeching on your rear to the golden gates saying “Wow! What a ride!”

#54828 Quote
    As stated on the other thread, I am down for partaking.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.