Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Romp at Northern Spark Art Festival – June 11th

Home Forums Events Romp at Northern Spark Art Festival – June 11th

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    If you’ve never been to it, Northern Spark is a free, annual, dusk-to-dawn, multidisciplinary arts festival (think Burning Man light) that features giant video projections, performances and installations in the streets, and in green spaces and under bridges along the waterfront.

Food trucks will offer snacks and drinks throughout the night and audiences can relax in a specially commissioned “chill” conversation space constructed out of ice harvested from Minnesota lakes during the winter.

WHAT: Northern Spark Festival Fursuit Romp

WHERE: Mill Ruins / Gold Medal Park

WHEN: Saturday, June 11, 2016

ROMP TIME FRAME: 8:00pm – 10:00pm. Due to the expected crowd, I would recommend arriving earlier and getting dinner nearby.

LOCATION SCREENSHOT: RIGHT HERE

PARKING LOCATION: The primary parking location will be the Gateway Ramp, Level 3 on the Washington Ave side. (Ramp does not accept cash or American Express.)

Due to the size of the event, parking may be scarce, arrive early if possible.
    If you can’t park in the ramp, we will start by meeting for a short period at the corner of S 2nd Street and 11th Ave S, across the street from Izzy’s Ice Cream around 8:00 – 8:15pm.

EVENT INFORMATION WEBSITE: Northern Spark Art Festival

FURSUIT CHANGING: In or by your vehicle

DINNER VENUE: Nothing officially organized, just ran out of time. Feel free to grab something on your own before the event.

WHO: You & Handlers

WHY: Fursuiting, socializing, photo opportunities, much fun, etc…

RSVP?: Not necessary, but please let us know you’re coming and if you will be suiting or handling, so we have sufficient H20 for everyone.

FOR YOUR SAFETY
    If you are going to the event please stay with the group or a handler.
    I would not recommend suiting alone especially with the crowds and predicted high temps / humidity.

If anyone has a rolling cooler please bring it so we can have water/ice on hand for suiters and handlers.

Use common sense, if you feel ill notify someone ASAP and don’t be afraid to ruin the magic, your health comes first.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Buckeye. Reason: Updated Details
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Buckeye.
    #41671 Quote
    Thanks Buckeye for posting this after previously talking about this.  🙂

If there is any interest since this would be next Saturday, a more formal thread can be created with details on where we are meeting up, fursuit changing, etc…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#41707 Quote
    Are people still interested in doing this given Saturday’s forecast of low-mid 90’s and humid? I f so I’ll get some details by mid-week.
    #41708 Quote
    I’m SO interested! I just got a new suit and I need to break him in fully! He’s just a partial but he’s adorable! And I think I’ll have a lot of fun!
    #41736 Quote
    So, I am not sure if anything is still going to happen with this, but if this does get setup as something more official, I am going to suggest that the romp is earlier in the evening or even late afternoon.  I am suggesting this because maybe some people cannot be available during the hours that the festival starts or some may not be interested in that aspect of it.

Interest has been coming as some of you have shared input and a few have utilized the RSVP system…This brings up a question below.

If this goes official, have it in the late afternoon hours or early evening hours?

(Earlier in the afternoon will not work due to some FM-related activities happening)

Buckeye’s original time frame will start around 9:00p if not additional input is shared.

Thanks!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#41745 Quote
    Thanks for the input Drake, I may start it a little earlier 8 or 8:30 to help with getting people parked and gathered. I’m not expecting the romp to go more than 2 hrs.

Part of the fun of this romp will be it being at night/dusk and having thousands of people around to interact with, also doing it later in the early evening it will hopefully be cooler out. I don’t know how many people would want to romp in suit when the heat index is predicted to be in the upper 90’s / low 100’s.

#41747 Quote
    I’m definitely in. Is there an entrance fee?
    #41770 Quote
    I won’t be able to go, as my graduation party is that day. Sorry 🙁
    #41775 Quote
    I’m gonna see if my handler can hop in on this. If so then I might actually get there a couple hours early so I can get accustomed to the activity. If anyone wants to meet up with me and my handler then so we can wonder out of suit then please let me know. I might try and wear something to signal furs if any want to be there early. 🙂 Sounds like lots of fun and I’m gonna see about having a cooler in my car filled with ice cold water. Figure that would help out both the suiters and handlers. If there’s anything I can do other then that then please let me know. ^^
    #41781 Quote
    Updated the initial post with event details. Please read them carefully!
    #41785 Quote
    Looks like I have another (Non-Fur) friend who wants to go to this. So I might show up at some point… but may hang out with him vs the group. Will have to play it by ear

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#41833 Quote
    I am close to there. If people want, you can meet around my place and then carpool over. Save on parking too!
    #41869 Quote
    If you’re planning on coming tonight please update your RSVP so we know how many to expect.

Please remember to take it easy in the heat and let a handler know if you need assistance.

#41870 Quote
    Just letting you know I’m bringing a cooler full of cold bottles of water. 35 in the cooler and 35 out so I have a total of 70. Don’t feel shy to approach and ask for one since I’ll have plenty. 🙂 This will be so much fun!
    #41875 Quote
    I can be there since I’m already close by the event
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.