Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Fall 2015 + Winter Events Discussion –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – Fall 2015 + Winter Events Discussion –

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    – HELLO EVERYONE –

Hey there!  Summer is coming to an end soon and the season change will bring about new opportunities to discuss.  This thread has been created for community members to discuss ideas for events this upcoming Fall and Winter.

Please feel free to post your ideas here and discuss with your other fellow fuzzies.  Who knows, maybe some ideas here can get turned into something more.  🙂

Below are some ideas that were brought up in one of my other threads…

– ZooBoo

– Haunted house outing

– Feed My Starving Children –> http://fmsc.org/about –> Needs additional research and board analysis

– Operation Christmas Child’s Shoebox Ministry –> http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/ –> Needs additional research and board analysis

Other regularly scheduled events will still be happening like book club meets, movie nights, etc.  I also plan on still doing my events such as bowling, dinner gatherings, fursuit romps, and others.

Again, feel free to share and discuss!  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#33372 Quote
    – THREAD BUMP –

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#33384 Quote
    whats zooboo?

and i would love  to see what  we can do  for  fursuiting .

#33389 Quote
    We should have a all out snowball fight, for one idea

Another Idea is group sledding

"You decide the outcome of your success"

#33521 Quote
    I think we should have a Thanksgiving get together and feast! I’m celebrating it with my relative family, but I would love to be with my fur family as well!

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

#33525 Quote
    This is a fun idea Raevos, but the biggest challenge is that other people have family obligations and the date and timing would have to be right.  Still love the idea though!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#33538 Quote
    Since its fall, it might be fun to do an Orchard. I recommend http://www.aftonapple.com/

They do hay rides, picking for fruit/apples, pumpkins ect. And they have a 15 acre corn maze that could be fun. Its over in Hastings.  Small admission fee of $4 per adult (not including fruit picked/bought) but it might be an idea.

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#33547 Quote
    I’m steaming an idea from Homestar Runner. How about a Halloween carve-nival? A get together with a pumpkin carving contest.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#33557 Quote
    Snowball fight/sledding and the Orchard sounds like a lot of fun.

So…With these ideas in mind, who would like to do some volunteering and maybe try and get some of these ideas ready for take off?  =o

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#33566 Quote
    Drake, I do know of a possible location where sledding/snowball tournaments can commence, there is a park by Richfield that is next to the Armitage school (went there for kindergarten fun fact) that tends to be very hilly and good for snowball tournaments

2500 W 57th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410

#33567 Quote
    Additionally, tbh I don’t believe that the people who run the park will have a issue with such a amusing as well as harmless event, as long as ice isn’t thrown

#33576 Quote
    I’m always happy to volunteer.  Not much of a logistics person by nature but I’ll do what I can.  Just need about 2 weeks notice or so to make sure I have days off I need.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#33601 Quote

Drake, I do know of a possible location where sledding/snowball tournaments can commence, there is a park by Richfield that is next to the Armitage school (went there for kindergarten fun fact) that tends to be very hilly and good for snowball tournaments

Hmm, let’s keep this on the back burner for when the snow really starts to come down.  Thank you for your input, SpitFire!  🙂

I’m always happy to volunteer. Not much of a logistics person by nature but I’ll do what I can. Just need about 2 weeks notice or so to make sure I have days off I need.

Wonderful!  this also goes back to other conversations in the Volunteering and Events thread…I really love seeing people volunteer who not only want to help, but learn something.  I will be keeping you in mind when I need some minions for my next event(s) that I need assistance with.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.