Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Fundraiser Idea

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions Fundraiser Idea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hello fuzzy friends, Micah/Kuro here!

I have an amazing idea for a fundraiser! What if we hosted a dance event called “Dances For Wolves” like “Dances With Wolves” except you dance for a good cause. Every ticket you purchase we donate the proceeds to the International Wolf Sanctuary in Minnesota, and The Defenders of Wildlife in their efforts to preserve and protect our majestic wolves from being hunted to extinction. It would be a suiting dance too. And if you dress up as a wolf or in wolf regalia, you have free admission with the option of donating to protect the wolves.

I’m open to any suggestions for this idea. Let me know and I’ll get right back to you!

Sincerely, Micah/Kuro-Okami

#52189 Quote
    Hi

Where will this be located?

#52192 Quote
    This sounds like a great idea!  I would be willing to DJ for this event, if one is needed.

Yo! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

#52196 Quote
    Hi Micah!

First question I have on this is what research on your own have you done with this with these 2 venues?  I understand you are gathering ideas from the community here too, but what other information can you provide?

Wolf Sanctuary does look interesting though and never knew that was here in the cities…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#52197 Quote
    These won’t be 2 venues it’s just one. The idea is to plan on creating one with the help of the board. We could have it happen in the late summer or fall of this year or next year. If you’d like, we could setup a meeting with the board about setting this up. I’ve donated to Defenders of Wildlife in the past and signed petitions to enforce Wolf protection, but we can discuss more about this if we have a meeting as mentioned. Let me know if that works.
    #52207 Quote
    Yeah this is something that is going to need to be examined further before turning this into any kind of official event.

Thanks Micah!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.