Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

FurMeet Ideas!

Home Forums Events FurMeet Ideas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Hey guys! Ace here, I just wanted to put this post for some ideas for some fur meets. I wouldn’t be able to run a fur meet/event since it’s so much work and honestly I don’t really have the time. But maybe someone can see this and wanna host one of these. Since it’s a new year that means it’s a whole new year to have some fun in the community! So I just felt like I’d leave a list of ideas for some fun fur meets in case anyone wants to run one of these:

(Disclaimer: I have no ideas on the laws/regulations/rules for any of these regarding suiting at these locations so if you are thinking of running one of these please do your research if you are intending for fursuiting to be an opportunity!)

-Bowling (a classic, for those who would want to run this type of meet there is even a handy guide on how to host one in the “How to Run an Event” section)

-Ice skating

-Snow tubing or skiing at a ski hill

(I just realized at the time I am posting this there is a ski meet soon, although I wrote this back in December and at the time I wrote this there wasn’t)

-Furmeet at pride (This is an idea for in June for if furries wanna meet up with each other at pride)

-Meet up at state parks(The photography could be really cool, especially at Minnehaha falls or another similar place)

-Hiking

-Roller skating

Those were all the main ideas I had! If you wanna contribute you guys can comment below some more furmeet ideas if you’d like and if any of these sound fun to you maybe consider hosting one of these 🙂

#57791 Quote
    We went snow tubing in suit and it was a wonderful time. A bit expensive, but a lot of fun!
    #57792 Quote
    I’d like to participate in the Pride Meetup in June! Like a Furry Pride Meetup in Loring Park Minneapolis, in addition to some Fursuit romps in Minnehaha Falls, Lake Bde Maka Ska, and Lake Harriet!

And I’m totally open to hosting these too!

#57793 Quote
    Sweet! Whoever is willing to host any of these I’ll most likely attend!
    #57794 Quote

Cool! I used to always go to Buck Hill as a kid and go tubing and I had tons of fun, I’m sure snow tubing would be even more fun in suit.

#57795 Quote
    Ace – Thank you for your post, alongside our regular West Metro and Oval fur meets, there is not much else going on currently.  Thankfully we have a community member who is going to be setting up and hosting regular bowling meets which is exciting and others are looking forward to it too.

The bowling guide I composed and had published here on the forums and I have some more I want to do as well as revamping an old more general event runner guide.  That is going to be a Winter/end of Winter/Spring project…Have not quite figured out how to juggle this yet since I also have some other tasks.

Speaking of the event 101 guides, are there anymore based on specific topics that would be interesting enough to have composed?

Ice Skating is definitely doable as almost all counties around the cities have open ice rinks at parks as well as official venues.  Though keep in mind doing a rental at most big indoor rinks can be expensive…I remember looking at the Oval’s indoor rink and the prices were a tad steep.

(Please forgive the lack or input on some of these)

Snow tubing/skiing sounds fun…So yes!  Yes!  🙂

Furs getting together for Pride is doable too either officially or unofficially.

State parks + hiking also another yes as that sounds fun.

Roller skating would be fun too as I know Skateville is around here as well as some other venues…Names escape me!

Other ideas I can think of –> Movie outing, mall hangout, the ever common and popular fursuit romps (I should set one up soon), Mill Ruins museum tour (something more educational), other museum tours, + many more I am just not thinking of currently.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#57796 Quote
    Drake, thanks for the reply!! I was actually just researching more ideas and it might be a bit late for this one but I was thinking maybe a meet up at Lake Harriet Winter Kite Festival. It is next Saturday and I think it could be super fun, (assuming anyone sets this up and the weather cooperates). I went a couple years ago with a friend and it was super fun to see the kites and just hang out. I am not sure about public suiting although it most likely will be since it is just at a lake. But just to be sure I am emailing them to ask about whether animal costumes are allowed.
    #57797 Quote
    You’re welcome and yeah if you do have any ideas, would love to hear them and keep them coming.

It’s never too late to try and setup and event.  Sure if you want to have it on a more official level (ex. Utilizing MNFurs resources and assistance) then yeah more time helps.  I did not know that Lake Harriet did a festival like that, this sounds cool. If you or anyone else does try and set something up, please let me know if you have any questions.  I am a resource for our community members and want to try and provide input when and where I can.  Keep posting here of course and I can also be reached at [email protected] and my Telegram is @DrakeM

Thanks Ace!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#57798 Quote
    can we have a furry meet up around mankato area?
    #57799 Quote
    Currently working on monthly bowling meets in the Twin Cities area.
    #57800 Quote

You talking in general in the Mankato area or something specific like bowling as Anthroguy is doing here in the cities?

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#57801 Quote
    Responding to Ace, I would love to host but I’m working from 2pm to 9pm Saturday the 25th. Would be fun though. But maybe later on in the Spring we can put something together. Like during Spring Break!
    #57805 Quote
    Some ideas:

– It would be pretty cool to do like a Dave & Buster’s, arcades, or billiards meet sometime too.

– I’d also mentioned before I believe too, on a festival or carnival meet of some sorts.

– Also like a Topgolf meet too, or some golf meets, if that could work out.

– Also more food meets outside of Perkins would be good too.

– Probably some more other romps /hiking meets as well.

– Probably some dance/rave party ones too would be cool.

– Also some small picnic, or park meets, would be good too.

Probably some more others too, but I believe these ones are some good ideas to go with!

#57808 Quote

I think you have provided me with an idea for another future event running 101 guide!

Anyone want to get together and see if we can maybe get any of these ideas moving?  Kind of like a pow-wow or just sitting face to face and talk more about these.  🙂

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#57813 Quote
    So I checked in with the people at Lake Harriet Kite Festival and they said animal costumes are allowed! Still looking for anyone who’d be willing to host the meet! It’s this saturday, although even if we aren’t able to host an official meet I’m hoping to at least see some furs out there if they wanna just go for fun!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.