Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Game Recommendations?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Hello πŸ™‚ Every week all my friends come over to our house to have game night we mainly play card/bored games. Β We have been playing the same games for a while and i would like to try something new with them. We normally have 15 people over and were willing to split into teams if need be to play the games. But I was wondering if any of you have some good suggestions on games we could try.

Here are the games we already have or played (?= i dont remember the name of game)

Cards against humanity, Exploding kittens, Dominion, Don’t clog the toilet, uno, 21, bullshit, poker, city game?, wolf game?, Munchkins, and a few more i cant recall.

~Taste the Rainbow ;)

#43930 Quote
    Hrmm, most of the board games I’m used to kind of cap out around 6 people.

That said, Firefly (the board game, no experience with the card game) is very fun if long. Β I’ve also had fun playing Room Party the Game (the furry expansions are great). Β I’m still waiting for my special edition Kitsune of Foxes and Fools but that’s also good fun. Β Actually, I should go bug them on Facebook again.

Something I’d highly recommend is watching Tabletop on the Geek and Sundry youtube channel hosted by Will Wheaton. Β That’s where I get ideas for a lot of games I’d like to try. Β https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW25Oqn_MiE&list=PL4F80C7D2DC8D9B6C

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#43935 Quote

I recommend DND there is no limit and if you have a creative DM there are so many pawsibilaties

Also where do you do you game night?

#43936 Quote
    D&D with a very large group would be difficult. Β People tend to get bored when a single round of combat takes an hour (I say this both as a player and as a DM). Β Doable but I would limit party size to no more than 6, and a mix ofΒ newbies and veterans.

*EDIT*

Oh, and as a DM currently running a group of (previously) 6, having an experienced DM who can account for adjusting encounter challenge rating on the fly will be helpful. Β My players waltzed through half the adventure without breaking a sweat. Β Except when the party’s own warlock kept nearly killing the rest.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Shoku.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#43938 Quote
    Lol tru oh well I guess I’ll be doing that at the fall picnic
    #43948 Quote
    Hmm. That’s a lot of people.

I’m thinking party games are the way to go.

Shadows Hunters is a really fun, short game. Everyone is dealt a card face down that tells what their role is, and most of the game is spent trying to guess whether your neighbor is friend or foe.

Betrayal of House on the Hill: You and your friends travel to a creepy house… on a hill! You decide which way to explore, drawing floor tiles and building the house as you explore it, collecting weapons and items, and attempting not to go insane. Eventually a “haunt” is triggered by one of the players. There’s a couple dozen possible “missions” at his point. The player that triggered the haunt goes into another room and reads their secret mission, and the rest of you read what you have to do to stop them.

The Resistance: Avalon. This is another one of these “secret roles” games. It’s similar to werewolves of miller’s hollow (another awesome party game to pick up). Avalon is for between 5 and 10 players. You play roles from King Arthur’s court. The goal is to figure out who the Villains are within a time limit. Every role has a secret ability to help your team discover who the villains are. Similar to Shadow Hunters, you must figure out who is on your team and who you can trust.

#43951 Quote
    I’ll dih through my stack at home and see what wold support that number of people πŸ™‚
    #43959 Quote
    Coon Rapids mn at my boyfriends town house.

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! ill bring these up to my friends see what they all think πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Rainbowsrfun.

~Taste the Rainbow ;)

#43961 Quote
    I play mainly console but board game wise I am usually Warhammer 40k but with that many people you should probably try for two sets of people for maybe Catan or Pandemic?

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
    Β - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#43970 Quote
    Actually, playing Werewolf at the picnic last year was pretty entertaining. Β I might look into doing that for a larger group. Β Larger groups make it more fun too, there’s a lot more bluffing and guessing.

- Mark Twain

#43989 Quote
    Yeah, party-style is going to be the only way to incorporate everyone… That being said, if you’re a little creative you can alter most games to increase or reduce the number of players.

I really like Codenames. You can play with pretty much any size group. Same with Mafia/Werewolf… Bang! is pretty awesome. SpyFall is pretty awesome. Concept is on Table Top. I recommend checking that out. Maybe look at some deck builders? Pretty easy to get a big group for those, but they’re kinda niche… (I.E. Dominion or Legendary)Β Dead of Winter is pretty fun.Β Utter Nonsense.

: : shrug : :

That should be sufficient. YouTube has plenty of people showing/playing almost every game imaginable. ^v^

#48685 Quote
    Codenames is fun and accommodates large groups. Tsuro is quick, fun, and is 2-8 player. 10′ to Kill (Ten Minutes to Kill) is an assassin boardgame with furry artwork. Β Tokaido lets you be one of the original “Japanese tourists”, trying to collect the most pictures, souvenirs, spa visits, and friendships as you travel the famous medieval road.
    #48686 Quote

Codenames is fun and accommodates large groups.

Totally agree, try Codenames!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
    Β - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#48687 Quote
    For those who like making stuff up, either being imaginative or just total BS, I really enjoyed “Snake Oil”. I looked it up, says 9 players max, but I bet teams would be just as good for it. 1 player is the customer or judge of a round and has a random card saying who they are (pregnant woman, jail warden, etc). The other players pick 2 cards of things from their hand to make a product title, then try and sell that product by explaining what it is (A pregnant woman definately needs the Sea Chair, a luxury chair with inbuilt speakers to play ambient ocean noises!). Think wild-west snake oil salesmen… and now be one!

At limit of 6 players, Boss Monster (and all expansions) is a great card game of being the big evil boss monster of your own dungeon. Lure in the heroes and destroy them with devious trap rooms before they make it into your lair to hurt you. Bonus: don’t just do the simpel math on the cards, but tell the story of how the hero dies in your dungeon. (This hero with his boots of leaping jumps into my zombie garden, only to land in an open grave to be bitten for 4 damage. As he leaps out, he makes it over my lava pit, but lands in front of my rolling boulder trap and is crushed for 3 damage, perishing instantly.) Games go a lot quicker if you just do the math on the cards for playing competitively (same example: hero has 7 hp, takes 4 dmg in zombie garden, then 3 dmg in boulder room, I collect his soul for 1 point).

My partner just bought Red Dragon Inn and some of the expansions. It definately caps out at 8 players unless you houserule some extra draw-card mechanics. Anyways, players pick a hero and that hero’s deck of cards and sit down to retire for the night after a day of adventuring. At the tavern of the inn, the heroes drink, gamble, and roughhouse, widdling down their Fortitude (health), Sobriety (drunkeness), and Gold ($$). Run out of any of those stats, and you lose! It’s all fun and games though, nobody is enemies at the table.

Last, I suggest “Flux” in any version. The rules of the card game are simple: put the starting rule cards in the center, and take turns playing 1 card at a time. Cards played either change the rules in the middle of the table, put treasures in front of you (or take them from another player), or set a win-condition of which 2 (or more) treasures need to be collected to win.

These games are going to be team-play, or, groups of people playing different games.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.